Gloomy day?

AuntPeggy

Final Approach
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Namaste
Rainy, drizzly, dark day. Airplane in shop.

CEO just announced our firm has been acquired by ASG Software Solutions. Anyone ever heard of them? http://www.asg.com/ Guess it's time to dust off the old resume. Not so old, my 1-year anniversary was 1-1/2 weeks ago.

Last edited:
never heard of them but if you follow my law of fancy websites you are screwed. The law is the fancy the website the more lacking in focus and ability the company.

never heard of them but if you follow my law of fancy websites you are screwed. The law is the fancy the website the more lacking in focus and ability the company.

And what does that say about your current employer? :dunno:

Cheers,

-Andrew

Diversified Software was acquired by ASG about a year ago. You might want to search them out to see what happened after being ASG'd. The products we use are JOBSCAN and DocuText which have been around for years (first experience with JOBSCAN was maybe 1980). They are used on large scale IBM mainframe systems to perform jcl and job rules control.
In general, you're better off being acquired by ASG than CA, actually, a LOT better. ASG has been fairly easy to deal with. Supportwize, I think they've done better than Diversified but that could be because DSS was trying to get us to change to another product instead of fixing JOBSCAN. I've seen support go right to hell when CA buys up a company. Hasn't happened with ASG... YET.

An aside: MF technology will not kill the mainframe. The ISV's will.

Cheers,

-Andrew
who spits when he hears "CA"

Diversified Software was acquired by ASG about a year ago. You might want to search them out to see what happened after being ASG'd. The products we use are JOBSCAN and DocuText which have been around for years (first experience with JOBSCAN was maybe 1980). They are used on large scale IBM mainframe systems to perform jcl and job rules control.
In general, you're better off being acquired by ASG than CA, actually, a LOT better. ASG has been fairly easy to deal with. Supportwize, I think they've done better than Diversified but that could be because DSS was trying to get us to change to another product instead of fixing JOBSCAN. I've seen support go right to hell when CA buys up a company. Hasn't happened with ASG... YET.
Thanks. I'm still trying to find out more. We are not basically mainframe. Best-selling product is thick-client web-based. Content can reside anywhere with indexes on 'any' database.

We have 450 employees and ASG (pre-merger) has 1100. Naturally, we are fearing heavy staff trimming.

The snow didn't stick, but otherwise YES. We are now under flood alerts from all the rivers and tides. I heard Block Island was evacuated. Haven't heard about Nantucket. Expecting even more water and high winds.

I stay high and dry and worry about the plane sitting down at BDR (elevation 9ft, ocean on 3 sides) getting its WAAS upgrade.

Did you get the rain?

Last edited:
(I wonder how many people clicked on that link.. :rolleyes: )

Incidently, after 20 years with my employer, the parent company decided to 'divest' us to a Candian buyer. This is week #2 with them. They're company motto is "Less is better"
(hope they're not referring to our salaries.. :eek: )

But, at least I'm not on the soup-line so, I'm very fortunate...

Back