Globalstar Satalite Phone GSP-1700

I use my Iridium more than this phone due to service limitations.

Good Phone Used Very Little Unlimited USA Calling About $29.99 -$35.00 a Month Phones Retail for $995 Selling for $600

Global Star is Launching New Satellites (Some Birds Went Bad) So Can only make limited Calls... But good for emergency back up bush phone.

Use this site to find out times calls can me made and the duration of call time..

http://calltimes.globalstar.com/

Will keep my Service Activated Till phone sells So local buyers Can Verify Service Is Working... Phone has very little use was flight bag backup. We may be able to transfer service so you can keep the $29.99 unlimited rate. Otherwise it is About $35.00 for unlimited.

Call me at 503-475-3347 Located Portland Oregon

$35 unlimited for a satellite phone? I thought sat phones were around $3 a minute or something...

I use my Iridium more than this phone due to service limitations.

I gave my Globalstar phone to Poseidon for the same reason, it didn't work a hell of a lot more than it did and even when I got through there was a better than 50% chance the call would drop. When the SPOT people were giving away the units at OSH I asked them what sats they were using "Ours", "Who's 'Us'" Globalstar!, I laughed and walked out.. "But it's FREE!", "Yep and it's not worth that if it's on Globalstar." When I need satcoms, I need them to work...always. Irridium is the best of the handheld bunch with INMARSAT coming in a pretty distant second. Globalstar fell down in the first turn and is still laying there....

Last edited:
$1- $1.50 typically. $35 unlimited on Globalstar is no bargain.
Yep. Globalstar offered me (Office of Emergency Management) three free phones and a zero per month plan with $2/min.
That's free phones, free monthly service, pay only when used.

I said no, because the availability of call coverage was so terribly low.

Only reason why I kept it is it's cheap, small, long battery life, and its better than nothing when you need something.

Back