GlobalFlyer makes it!

n741dm

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Don McGilvray
Just saw on CNN that GlobalFlyer and Fossett successfully on ground in Salina... Good for them!

n741dm said:
Just saw on CNN that GlobalFlyer and Fossett successfully on ground in Salina... Good for them!

WOW!!!! JUST WOW!!!
What a team! What an airplane! What a pilot!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
:cheers:

Yay, Steve! :dance:

Did I mention that I worked for the guy?

Jann and I checked out his balloon capsule at Oshkosh. It was obvious a guy lived in it for week. :)

Just watched the landing on MSNBC's video feed. Beautiful looking plane - looks like she just loved to fly and didn't want to settle down! Awww, Dad?? Do I HAVE to go to bed now?? I'm not tired!!! :D

Greebo said:
Just watched the landing on MSNBC's video feed. Beautiful looking plane - looks like she just loved to fly and didn't want to settle down! Awww, Dad?? Do I HAVE to go to bed now?? I'm not tired!!! :D
Yeah, that thing floated like a Mooney on amphetamines. But he still had 6,000 feet of runway in front of him when he stopped.

I was surprised at the apparently poorly thought-out marshalling once he got to the ramp. The only thing I can think of to justify the time and repositioning involved is that maybe it gave him a chance to take off the diaper and get zipped up again.

It floated and floated...even with the drag chute hanging out the back. Seemed like basically a glider with a jet engine!!

Back