Glider tow question

300cpilot

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
300c
I searched on here and the last mention of a glider tow in Boise Idaho area was 2012. Anyone know someone here that is current and does it?

Thanks!

I tow in Minnesota. Are you looking for a connection in Boise?

Yea, I'm a member of SSA, pretty slim pickings here in Idaho. Was just hoping someone might know of someone here. Thanks

Yea, I'm a member of SSA, pretty slim pickings here in Idaho. Was just hoping someone might know of someone here. Thanks

Tony Condon is my goto guy for asking about references. Maybe PM him in case he doesn't see this.

Go ask on rec.aviation.soaring or whatever gets you there, stone age funny hat wearing people. There are towplanes out west that don't have clubs and webpages attached.

Thank you Matthew.

Greg, I have called the local airports and the FAA office and know one knows of anyone. With there being no yellow pages of all the cell phones out there, it is hard to track people down. A google search lead me here. Just thought I would ask, didn't know it was against the rules. I'll probably get kicked out when you find out I am a commercial helicopter pilot! Though the last aircraft I got to fly was a B-17 on a ferry flight from Boise to Santa Rosa Ca.

No problem asking that I can see. I'm also a helicopter and glider pilot. You could check the registry for Pawnees and such then look up the owners. Or have a girlfriend give you an autotow.

Sorry Greg, I misunderstood your prior comment.

I have never done a auto tow? Where to even start with that idea... Google here I come. I did look around for a winch launch but did not locate any of those within driving distances.

Thanks for every ones help.

There is a group that tows up near King Mtn? And in Driggs. I'm not sure about Boise.
There was another group in southern ID. But I'm not sure where of they are still there.

I have tried to track some folks down off of soaridaho.com but no replys yet. King Mtn / Mackey bar is about 5 hours from boise and Driggs is about 6 hours. Though last night on PBS the had a soaring movie on that was filmed in the Driggs area. Maybe someday. Thanks for everyones help.

Brian Case posts here and/or the Purple Board and lives near Boise. brcase I think is his username...

You are looking for a tow, and are a SSA member...are you looking to fly your own glider or a rental? Looking to complete a rating?

It's not uncommon for people to take a road trip/vacation to a commercial operation for a week or so to knock out a rating. But that's not really practical if you are just looking for a way to fly on weekends.

Back