Glider pilot charged with Breach of Peace

This letter from the TSA...

The TSA responded in a letter that it takes these matters seriously—“Both in context of aircraft loitering in airspace around critical infrastructure as well as appropriateness of responses by various organizations at the Federal, State, and Local levels.” The agency said it would continue to work with organizations at all levels “by providing them with education on airspace matters via the local TSA Federal Security Directors and headquarters engagement. This will allow them to make informed and effective decisions on when and how best to execute a response based on their specific statutory and/or legal authorities.”

That was a PR statement issued AFTER all this went down. The feds weren't involved with the interdiction at all, and DHS only got into the act long after they'd thrown the pilot in jail.

Most in the glider community heard about this they day after it happened. My understanding was it was intentionally kept out of the news as much as possible by those involved in his defense, so that they could use publicity (or lack of it) as leverage to get the best possible deal for the pilot.

Probably a good plan, as often government agency's will dig in and start defending themselves when in public, even when they are wrong. (i.e. Bob Hoover incident)

I suspect there is lot more to what actually happened than is being released.

Brian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back