Glider Flights - Discovery Flights

Commander Dave

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Commander Dave
Hi folks - haven't been on in a while (SORRY)

I have a customer looking to purchase a gift for someone for a Glider Flight in the Reading, PA area.

I offer Discovery Flights in Airplanes, but have no contacts for gliders. I tried the folks at Black Diamond Soaring Society who while courteous and helpful did not offer gift certificates.

Does anyone here know of another Glider company I could call, or refer my customer to?

Thanks,

Dave

Dave,

Here's a link that will get you to the Soaring Society of America's map of glider operations throughout the US. The SSA offers a "FAST" introduction to soaring for a c note at selected glider operations which you can see on the map. http://www.ssa.org/sport/map/map.html

We honor the FAST certificates but we also offer different glider ride gift certificates at our glider operation in San Antonio. I would think that some of the ones in PA would do the same.

Merry Christmas.

Probably someone out at Morgantown Airport that can help you. That's the closest place I know with Glider activity.

I used to be based at New Garden, N57. They have an active glider club on the field, but I know that is a hike from Reading.

Yeah the PGC probably is the best local choice. They have a very nice fleet (modern 2 place glass ships), and are a pretty active club.

Back