Gleim Private Pilot Audio Review, anyone used these?

James Darren

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
James Darren
Hi,
New student pilot here, just did my first solo over the weekend....

In preparation for the FAA knowledge test, I've been thinking about purchasing the Gleim Private Pilot Audio Review. Has anyone used these before & what were your thoughts? Seems like a good companion to the Gleim FAA Written book, especially since I spend about an hour a day in my vehicle so could listen to it then.

Hi,
New student pilot here, just did my first solo over the weekend....

In preparation for the FAA knowledge test, I've been thinking about purchasing the Gleim Private Pilot Audio Review. Has anyone used these before & what were your thoughts? Seems like a good companion to the Gleim FAA Written book, especially since I spend about an hour a day in my vehicle so could listen to it then.

I used it in conjunction with the Gleim book,I spent quite a long time in the car each day so figured it would be worth listening to, but personally for me I absorbed more from studying with the book than the audio.

Used it to supplement the online ground school. I felt it was worth it. If you do use it the phrase you will here in your sleep is...."for the FAA test"

I used it in conjunction with the Gleim book,I spent quite a long time in the car each day so figured it would be worth listening to, but personally for me I absorbed more from studying with the book than the audio.

I think the Gleim books are fantastic. I got a 98 on my sport test and a 93 (ish?) on my private test using them. I can't vouch for the audio review, but if it's like the books, it should be good.

I personally hated the Gleim books, but I did get the Audio Review and it was the only thing that I connected with to really learn the material. It is great to listen in the car or just on your phone during any down time.

I developed a system where I would take a new section practice test blindly to see what I knew and didn't know, then listen to the audio section and pick up on the things I missed, then do the book review, listen to the audio again retake the test and would usually ace it.

Yeah, I agree. You'll start hearing “For the FAA test …” in your sleep.

I didn't think it was very useful.

I had them for the interment test. Figured I could listen to them while I was on the treadmill or something at the gym, but it was easier just to read that stuff out of the front of the red book. It's not that hard to remember.

People learn in different ways; if you're an auditory learner, it may help. But please not in the car. Managing distraction is an important part of flying, and it should be while driving, too.

Back