Glass Instrument Panel. Garmin Avionics for beginners

Michael Gallagher

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
gallagher80304
I made a crude spreadsheet that might help new student pilots get familiar with the avionics. May or may not be helpful. I changed planes several times going from old 6-pack to multiple variations of glass and it was confusing at times. Ballpark prices (not the point of this)

Screenshot 2024-03-09 at 9.31.28 AM.png

How is this meant to familiarize students with avionics?
For me, I heard a lot of G _____ terms thrown around. This puts a picture next to the Garmin model alphanumeric and categorizes it. Just a simple reference if someone wants to familiarize themself with the Garmin offerings.

Then it needs to be a bit more complete and a bit more accurate. The G1000 is not old, but Garmin limits/controls installation. It’s a good starting point for pricing a new installation, tho.

Then it needs to be a bit more complete and a bit more accurate. The G1000 is not old, but Garmin limits/controls installation. It’s a good starting point for pricing a new installation, tho.
Garmin and the airframe manufacturer limit and control installation. The airframe manufacturer is typically the bigger problem when it comes to upgrades.

For me, I heard a lot of G _____ terms thrown around. This puts a picture next to the Garmin model alphanumeric and categorizes it. Just a simple reference if someone wants to familiarize themself with the Garmin offerings.
Don't forget the G1275 and incredibly popular G5 in the PFD arena. Actually you might want to separate combined PFDs and MFDs from separate ones. I'm not eve sure the G3X, G500, and G600 are really full MFDs since they can't really do much without a GPS, which also functions as an MFD.

Don't forget the G1275 and incredibly popular G5 in the PFD arena. Actually you might want to separate combined PFDs and MFDs from separate ones. I'm not eve sure the G3X, G500, and G600 are really full MFDs since they can't really do much without a GPS, which also functions as an MFD.
This is the sort of stuff I’m still learning. Thanks

Back