Glasair Sportsman 2+2

nddons

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Stan
I read an article in EAA's Sport Aviation about the Glasair Sportsman 2+2, and their "Two weeks to taxi" program. I'm intrigued.

On paper, this aircraft seems to be an ideal compromise of a lot of things, and would compete well with a C182. Does anyone have any experience with this plane?

I don't think I could be a typical builder. However, the "Two weeks to taxi" program seems like an awesome way to be a builder, with factory people helping during the entire process, in their facility. Thoughts?

I usually bypass the homebuider area at AirVenture (blasphemy, I know), but I might spend some time with these guys this year.

Every year that I go to OSH, I always find myself stopping at the Glasair Sportsman 2+2 display.

It looks like a heckuva plane according to the published numbers. Haven't met anyone with any real-world experience with them, though.

I helped my friend build his, but i didn't do much other than bend some metal and help rig the flight controls which is not much, but he loves his, and it seems like a easy kit to assemble.

he put a L-0-360 ?? in his with 180 horses and it gets off really quick.

I have never ridden in it yet.

Back