Glasair III comfort

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
What is the distance from the front, top of the seat to the floor pan vertically? All pics I see look like it is 4". That would not seem very comfortable to me.

Well like a lot of EABs, you sit semi reclined. The seating in the 3 is just like my 1 only you've got a 3 inch wider cabin in a 3. You are essentially sitting on the wing with your butt not far above the rudder pedals. I've got memory foam seats so it's pretty comfortable. Done 4 hrs TX to AL on several occasions. Only thing I really do is pull my feet in occasionally to get the blood flowing.

Last edited:
Getting in and out? Need to do a tumbling routine or be a master gymnist?

Getting in and out? Need to do a tumbling routine or be a master gymnist?

Master gymnast. Getting out, you have to pull yourself up to sit on the seat bulkhead, then pull your legs in and swing them out. Good for the abs! My mechs wonder how I get in and out. Definitely not a plane for tall, over weight or older folks. The Velocity isn't much better with the single door version.

They are a blast to fly though!

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, but I'm looking for adaptors for the nose wheel on my new Glasair III so that the line crews can use their tow bars (on the tugs) to move the Glasair III. Anyone know where I can get a set of those insert plugs that allow the tow bar to fit the pins on the nose gear of the Glasair III?

Back