Glasair 1 FT for sale - fast and cheap!

EvilEagle

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
EvilEagle
My commuting days are coming to an end, so it's time to sell the Glasair. It's been an excellent little airplane and I hate to see it go.

2003 Glasair 1 FT 530(ish) TT, 205 SMOH. O-320 160hp Prince Carbon Fiber P-tip prop. Garmin XL300, Garmin 327, INS-422, digital EGT, 4 channel CHT's.

Cruise at 150 knots burning 7.5gph with useful load for 4.5 hours of fuel, 2 x 200 lb pilots and 80 lbs of gear. Light aero is approved and the controls are the way God meant them to be (stick
biggrin.gif
)

We're asking $45k

The annual and IFR recert was completed last week (Aug).

Attachments

• Glas_rap_eagle.jpg
    Glas_rap_eagle.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_2025.jpg
    IMG_2025.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 168
  • n48dx 010.jpg
    n48dx 010.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 196
That's a beauty! Good luck. Hope it goes to a good home.

That's a beautiful plane.

If I had a little more cash...

Oh, and if I were a few inches shorter...

So I guess you won't be moving it to LS40...

http://www.amaairport.com/default.htm

:(

Their 50th Anniversary celebration will be taking place on October 16, 2011. It will start at 10AM and last till about 4PM.

Nah, it's as far away from where I'll be living as Lakefront - and I can still takeoff in bad wx at KNEW. I wish there was a good GA alternative, but there just isn't.

I'll try to stop by for the 50th if I'm in town. Might be in the Bo though...

Wasn't there some kind of electrical gremlin with this bird a while back? Something about a pegged ammeter or something? What was the resolution?

Wasn't there some kind of electrical gremlin with this bird a while back? Something about a pegged ammeter or something? What was the resolution?

It wasn't "pegged", it was an analog guage reading 14.8 with a wide-ish needle. I said pegged originally meaning that it usually points dead at the 15 reading (actually just prior) and a few people jumped all over the wording. Ended up being a loose alternator connection and a bit of a worn wire. All fixed and 100 hours on it since then with no probs.

My commuting days are coming to an end, so it's time to sell the Glasair. It's been an excellent little airplane and I hate to see it go.

2003 Glasair 1 FT 530(ish) TT, 205 SMOH. O-320 160hp Prince Carbon Fiber P-tip prop. Garmin XL300, Garmin 327, INS-422, digital EGT, 4 channel CHT's.

Cruise at 150 knots burning 7.5gph with useful load for 4.5 hours of fuel, 2 x 200 lb pilots and 80 lbs of gear. Light aero is approved and the controls are the way God meant them to be (stick
biggrin.gif
)

We're asking $45k

The annual and IFR recert was completed last week (Aug).
Beauitiful planes. F15, F22, and a Glassair. I'd love to take anyone of them.

If I'm not mistaken this bird was @ DTN this afternoon...

Good looking bird.

Chris

Banged bad in runup @ 14. Took a long ground run. Fast as hell on the downwind depatrure...
Reminded me of Howie Keefe's Miss Americia racer. PRETTY BIRD.

Chris

If you don't run it nice and lean on the ground, it'll run rough during the runup (till you flash the plugs). I've never had it "bang" on me though. The owner is a young pilot/owner - is it worth a phone call to him? I don't want him to ignore a problem - a little rough in the runup is one thing - backfiring or something could be a valve issue. What did it sound like?

The ground run is usually not short - he was slow with the throttle application when I flew with him. He's trying to be nice to the engine, but was going a bit too slow when adding power for T/O. Maybe the same thing? T/O roll for me was never more than 2k', normally around 1500-1700'.

I didn't know it was a Miss America copy until a friend of mine saw a pic and mentioned it to me.

If you don't run it nice and lean on the ground, it'll run rough during the runup (till you flash the plugs). I've never had it "bang" on me though. The owner is a young pilot/owner - is it worth a phone call to him? I don't want him to ignore a problem - a little rough in the runup is one thing - backfiring or something could be a valve issue. What did it sound like?

The ground run is usually not short - he was slow with the throttle application when I flew with him. He's trying to be nice to the engine, but was going a bit too slow when adding power for T/O. Maybe the same thing? T/O roll for me was never more than 2k', normally around 1500-1700'.

I didn't know it was a Miss America copy until a friend of mine saw a pic and mentioned it to me.
It seemed to clean up and run OK during the takeoff roll but yea, it was popping a bit during the runup/mag check. I'm sure it's just part of the learning (leaning?) curve...

My friend who's hanger we were at during the afore mentioned runup has an Glassair RG (in pieces) that's been sitting for years in the corner of the hanger and this new bird at DTN has given all the Ramp Rats ammo to give him chit about it :mad2:.

Chris

Back