glareshield covering material?

GeorgeC

Administrator
Management Council Member
Display Name

Display name:
GeorgeC
My glareshield is covered with a piece of carpet that is disintegrating. I'd like to remove it, but I suspect that plain metal will be loud; is there a dynamat-type material that I can put down for noise and glare reduction?

High density foam and a nice leather stitched wrap job?

Call your local hotrod shop, don’t say the word “airplane”

I had mine recovered a few months ago when I got my windshield changed. I am very happy with the results.

11.JPG 13.JPG

It is Superior Panel Technology’s Black Onyx leather-like vinyl, Part Number SPTVINYLONX910, available here. Comes with a burn cert too.

I had mine recovered a few months ago when I got my windshield changed. I am very happy with the results.

View attachment 79102 View attachment 79103

It is Superior Panel Technology’s Black Onyx leather-like vinyl, Part Number SPTVINYLONX910, available here. Comes with a burn cert too.

That looks like you had a little more done than change the windshield! Got before & afters?

JS, yep, a little more than a windshield change. New fiberglass, new antennas, lights, beacon, etc. All 8 windows replaced with LP Aero UV Gray tint, then a full strip and paint. I've been busy the last couple of months refurbishing the interior, and next month I hope to start with the avionics. New airplane when I get done and it better be - refurbishing a certificated plane can be a huge money pit! Here's the before and after:

Ext50.jpg Ext04.jpg

^^^^ gorgeous!

Sigh.... I drooled at the BEFORE pic.....

Sharp looking paint job!

Jo Anne's fabrics. Naugahyde. Stick it with contact cement.
Ended up scoring a piece of scrap leather from an upholstery shop and using the old carpet as a template.

Back