Given a choice on fuel

Would you buy from a lower priced new source?

• Yes, I'm all about the best price

Votes: 60 73.2%
  • I would use both, as I have a relationship with my FBO to maintain

Votes: 19 23.2%
  • No, I would stick with my FBO's fuel supply

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters
I just came back from KNEW (New Orleans Lakefront). I paid $5.50 for 100LL, $20 for a hangar night, no other fees. There are two other FBO's on the field. Landmark charges $7.34 for 100LL with a $50 per night hangar fee. I put on ~50 gals and saved $92 plus $30 on the hangar or $122 JUST for parking at one FBO over another. The FBO I used is as nice as any I've ever been in. Even so Landmark was full of aircraft.

Who understands peoples fuel choices?:dunno:

Was it over a weekend? Landmark here at ORF on the surface has way high priced fuel, BUT, they offer a .25/gal discount for based aircraft and between 6pm on Fridays until Monday morning fuel is an additional dollar less for all aircraft including transient, so Landmark here ends up being the same and sometime even cheaper than the nearby airports.

I know others have disagreed, but there is a sign posted on the ramp at DTS that I interpreted the same way. $50K for throwing fuel on the ground, I'll try to get a picture of it next time I am there. In any event, it kept me from throwing my fuel samples on the ground. :D

I went inside and scrummaged around for an empty coke can. Tore the top off it, put my used gas inside, set it on the ground and lit it on fire. I stood there till the gas burned off, and put the empty coke can in the trash.

I went inside and scrummaged around for an empty coke can. Tore the top off it, put my used gas inside, set it on the ground and lit it on fire. I stood there till the gas burned off, and put the empty coke can in the trash.

I guess I wasn't that creative! I am not much on starting gas fires anymore, since those trumped up arson charges at band camp.:eek::lol:

Was it over a weekend? Landmark here at ORF on the surface has way high priced fuel, BUT, they offer a .25/gal discount for based aircraft and between 6pm on Fridays until Monday morning fuel is an additional dollar less for all aircraft including transient, so Landmark here ends up being the same and sometime even cheaper than the nearby airports.

It was, but I paid the normal everyday published rate at Flightline First. I called Landmark to see if they would match price or come close, nope. How about the hangar price, nope. All they would say is we'd love to have your business but there is nothing we can do. The delta is soooo huge I am amazed Landmark is still in business there.

Back