Girl Meets New Panel (long)

Looks like a great trip! Have friends in Green Valley? (Just wondering why 14AZ rather than TUS.)

:)

I think if I tried to take a sabbatical to fly around the country my employer would invite me to take one on a more permanent basis.

If you don’t mind more equipment, you could pick up a used GDL-39 3D and have it connect to your Aera 660 via Bluetooth. (This will also connect to your iPhone or Android phone via bluetooth.). This will allow the Aera 660 to pick up ADS-B in, GPS location reference, and with the 3D version, synthetic vision as well.
Why would a person need a GDL-39(xx)? I would think the Aera 660 would get all this directly from the ADSB portion of the 375?

If you don’t mind more equipment, you could pick up a used GDL-39 3D and have it connect to your Aera 660 via Bluetooth. (This will also connect to your iPhone or Android phone via bluetooth.). This will allow the Aera 660 to pick up ADS-B in, GPS location reference, and with the 3D version, synthetic vision as well.

No way. Go with the GDL 51. Then you’ll have AHRS, GPS, and XM. Rebates go until Dec 31 making it pretty affordable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

@kath

I think it was nicely played by your husband. Congrats on the upgrade, and the proposed trip!

Tim

No way. Go with the GDL 51. Then you’ll have AHRS, GPS, and XM. Rebates go until Dec 31 making it pretty affordable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Their 375 should already give them AHRS and GPS. And she is already hesitant about panel costs and upgrades so I would think required yearly XM subscription isn't exactly $0.

One of my old single flying buddies used to joke that he needed to meet a nice girl who's father owned an avionics shop. I think he was onto something.

By the way, College Park MD (CGS) is located in the Washington DC flight restriction zone (FRZ) which requires you to be vetted prior to entry. If you're not planning on doing that, you might want to consider one of the other local airports for access into DC.

Totally have room for the other G5 to replace that AI. Might as well complete the package ;)

Margy indicated that the problem with a two pilot family is there's no checks and balances on spending on the airplane.

So what's the problem again? I don't see one...

The trip will start by flying from Anchorage to Madison, Wisconsin. I'll stay in Wisconsin for about a month.

Awesome! I hope I make the list of people worthy of a visit, I haven't seen you in a really long time! And I know a fair bit about the Garmin stuff, but I bet you'll have it figured out by then. :)

Back