Gifts to FBO

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
I need some ideas of what to send.. ie under 50$, mail order, something that won't melt....to a grreat fbo.

Is the reason for this gift listed on www.FBOHotties.com? :)

Perhaps a gift basket? You might be able to find something local to them who can deliver, even if it does have chocolate. It would be sent by courier. Maybe a cookie basket? Just don't make it fruit.

We've delivered such baskets but I hate them with a passion. They're a pain from the driver's perspective and the basket companies are cheap, cheap, cheap on paying delivery costs versus what they charge their customer.

Depends what your sending the gift for. Superior line service, CFI took good care of a friend. FBO Manager found your wallet at the selfservice pump?

A good meal is always appreciated by FBO folks. Baskets are a PIA everyone fights over the carmel popcorn or chocolate. Why not send over a bunch of Pizzas one day or Give all of them $10.00 gift cards from AmEx or Visa or who ever to use as they wish. Starbucks gift cards are good too. You can also go on line to FANDANGO and buy gift certificates for the movies.

Last spring a shop made two trips (18 miles each way) from their airport to the field where my airplane was stranded with a busted battery cable, fixed it, and refused to accept any payment. I sent them a Hickory Farms basket and got a nice thank-you note in reply.

When my airplane is in for annual I always bring a big box of donuts for the shop crew, whether they need them or not. :D

As everyone has said, food is always a winner. Then again, I've found in aviation, anything free is always a winner, but food is usually top of the list.

This "Chanda" is getting old. One or two, ok. But, nail every thread? Geeze. The same person did this last month as well.

Ditto the gift card idea... after all, money is the sincerest form of flattery. :D

This "Chanda" is getting old. One or two, ok. But, nail every thread? Geeze. The same person did this last month as well.

What was it?

===

As to the original query, I agree- pizzas all 'round are good, but if you want to recognize one or two particular folks' efforts, a letter of commendation to their boss- priceless!

I have been on some forums where the OP can close, or time-limit the thread, would that be of use?

I sent a Taste of Chicago - Lou Malnatti's Pizza - to the FBO in New Hampshire that sent my Cherokee's long-missing logbooks.

http://www.tastesofchicago.com/

Excellent choice! I used to dial 1-800 LOU TO GO every few months when I lived in North Carolina. Now I'm 100 miles from my home town instead of 1,000, so I can drive to Lincoln Ave. Yum.

Back