Gifts for a pilot under $50

ChrisRikli

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Chris
I need to give my family X-Max ideas for me under $50. So far all I can think of is a flightbag or a nice white/red flashlight.

Got any ideas?

I need to give my family X-Max ideas for me under $50. So far all I can think of is a flightbag or a nice white/red flashlight.

Got any ideas?

Can they pool resources and get you some flight time?

And DVDs you'd like?

X-plane is, I believe, less than $50.

Thanks for a good idea for the "Defying Gravity". Never heard of that book and I search for aviation related books all the time! :)

I ordered engraved mugs from the Sporty's site for a close friend of mine last year. Had wings and their N-number on it IIRC.

kool scoop if you fly a plane like my piper cherokee.
best $30 I ever spent

Extend your membership in EAA or AOPA. Or, for the EAA, join one of the other groups like WARBIRDS, Vintage, or Aerobatics. You don't have to own one to enjoy the magazines. You might also think of joining a local chapter.
Book a ride on EAA FORD Tri-Motor ($50).
Book a ride in some other unusual aircraft. Or get a demo Aerobatic flight.
Used aviation products from eBay or a local pilot's shop.

A subscription to a quality aviation magazine of your choice... or maybe a quarterly membership in ScottD's avwxworkshops.com (I forget how much the annual membership is but I'm pretty sure it's over $50).

The other thing that fits the price range nicely is bourbon.

LOL! Booze as an aviation themed present. I love it. :cheerswine:

Discalimer: I know you're not recommending drinking while flying.

:thumbsup: $39 for a six month Regular membership!
And since the annual Elite membership is only twice that (plus a buck), I figured that's an even better deal and signed up yesterday. :cornut:

It's really a great resource.

Lol, I actually collect whiskies and bourbons. Basically I'm an alkie that's trying to look classy. ;)

There you go! a bottle of Laphroaig is about $35. ;) An excellent Single Malt Scotch from Isle of Islay.

There you go! a bottle of Laphroaig is about $35. ;) An excellent Single Malt Scotch from Isle of Islay.

While I am a fan of the Laphroig, not everyone is a fan of smokey seaweed :D.

If giving a bottle of good Scotch or Bourbon, inquire about the recipients taste preferences.

The local paper had some gift ideas today - one was a Emile Henry pie plate. Only $50 for a stupid pie plate. Doesn't even include the pie.

And people say flying is expensive...

A nice pair of headset ear cushions can be great or training material.

Back