Gift for CFI

Rudy

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Rudy
I am almost done with my Private and my Grandpa/CFI has taught me all of my lessons. I am looking for something to give him after i pass my check-ride. I thought someone here might have a good idea.

Any suggestions would be great

Rudy said:
I am almost done with my Private and my Grandpa/CFI has taught me all of my lessons. I am looking for something to give him after i pass my check-ride. I thought someone here might have a good idea.

Any suggestions would be great
Rudy~
What else does he like to do, other than fly? Is he a fisherman, hunter, etc? Maybe you could get him some sort of gear to use in that or even his flying pursuits...

To be honest though, if he loves you like I love my grandkids, probably the best thing you could give him would be a framed photo of the two of you standing in front of the plane on the day you earn your PPL... with a nice little "Thanks" down in the corner :D

Looking forward to reading your story of your checkride!

OK thanks a lot.
I was thinking of that. I just want him to know how much i appreciate what he has done

Rudy said:
OK thanks a lot.
I was thinking of that. I just want him to know how much i appreciate what he has done
Rudy, Don has a great idea. Make sure someone is there to take pictures for you. :)

I took my check ride with your grandfather. My dad showed up before we even started, he couldn't wait to be my first passenger.

Have you decided who you want to be your first passenger after your checkride?

Diana said:
Rudy, Don has a great idea. Make sure someone is there to take pictures for you. :)

I took my check ride with your grandfather. My dad showed up before we even started, he couldn't wait to be my first passenger.

I agree with the picture. Parents and grandparents love to recall moments in their lives when they have had a strong positive influence on their children and grandchildren. You sound like the kind of guy who would do this anyway but I would also suggest mentioning him as your instructor whenever the subject arises.

I remember reading a thread sometime back on another board where the posters were talking about how professionals discuss their education. You know like, "I was Harvard, class of xx" or "I did my internship at so-and-so Big Medical University Hospital." We as pilots should call attention to the good CFIs who trained and continue to train us.

My primary instructor is now in the SC Aviation Hall of Fame. Making sure your granddad knows you are proud of him (and I am sure he does) would be priceless.

Diana said:

Yeah i think my dad or my brother or maybe my girlfriend. We will just have to see. They all want to, i might have to draw a name out of a hat.

Rudy said:
Yeah i think my dad or my brother or maybe my girlfriend. We will just have to see. They all want to, i might have to draw a name out of a hat.
The girlfriend. Definitely the girlfriend. Dads and brothers, being guys, will not have to "get over" being scorned because they won't feel scorned in the first place.

Ken Ibold said:
The girlfriend. Definitely the girlfriend. Dads and brothers, being guys, will not have to "get over" being scorned because they won't feel scorned in the first place.

Ken speaks with great wisdom! The girlfriend for sure... :dance:

Ken Ibold said:

Girlfriends come and go. Dads and brothers are forever. If she's worth it she will get over it. ;)

Carol said:
Girlfriends come and go. Dads and brothers are forever. If she's worth it she will get over it. ;)
If she's REALLY worth it, she'll make the suggestion herself. ;)

Brian Austin said:
If she's REALLY worth it, she'll make the suggestion herself. ;)

Excellent point :)

Haha the girlfriend it is.

Back