Giant Bats Attack Airplane!!

T Bone

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
T Bone
Sorry, I found the headline too amusing not to pass on. Acompanied by a pic of a twin engined airliner (757?) with a huge bat draped over the nose, and others on the wing etc..... this was on the cover of some cheesey tabloid in the line at the grocery store. "They're as old as dinosaurs" proclaimed the first paragraph.
No, I didn't waste the money to buy it, but.... does that kind of drivel actually sell? I am constantly amazed at the gullibility and naivete of some of the people on this planet. I think I am in the wrong business.....

The drivel actually sells, and some people actually BELIEVE that drivel, along with any other drivel they see on TV and even in the movies. (there are currently a few in the office I'm working at, and I bless my headphones and iTunes daily for the ability to drown them out before I go postal in frustration) It's becoming impossible for some people to recognize fact from fiction, and what's worse--they don't care to find out.

Sad...sad.

terzap said:
The drivel actually sells, and some people actually BELIEVE that drivel, along with any other drivel they see on TV and even in the movies.
Sad...sad.

You mean its not true?

terzap said:
The drivel actually sells, and some people actually BELIEVE that drivel, along with any other drivel they see on TV and even in the movies. (there are currently a few in the office I'm working at, and I bless my headphones and iTunes daily for the ability to drown them out before I go postal in frustration) It's becoming impossible for some people to recognize fact from fiction, and what's worse--they don't care to find out.

Sad...sad.

And best of all - these people also get to vote :)

I'm with Heinlein - Intelligence Test for Voters :D

terzap said:

Sad...sad.

As part of her thesis for her 4 yr degree, my daughter showed that people are much more likely to recognize a deficient behavior in others than the same behavior in themselves.

Back