GI275 question

TBalch

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
TBalch
I have a GI275 installed as an HSI. It’s the autopilot version.

The ADI page is a back-up only. The altitude alerter flashes when I’m within 200 feet of my target altitude, but I get no audio alert. My friends that have a 275 installed as their primary ADI get the flashing AND the audio alert.

I’m wondering if that functionality is not available when the instrument is not installed as a primary ADI.

THANKS.

Do you have a Garmin audio panel? I don’t get audio alerts either - I don’t have a Garmin audio panel. I wonder if that has anything to do with.

Do you know if the audio output pins on the GI-275 were connected to your audio panel? Do you hear clicks as you tap on menu items? If not, you can check the click volume by bringing up the menu, go to system, setup and then to click volume, if you turn that up, do you hear clicks as you tap? If not, then it wasn't connected to the audio panel. You don't need to have a Garmin audio panel, it can be connected to most any audio panel.

Thanks for the suggestions, Ryan. I’ll check that and report back.

FWIW my 275 is wired into my ancient King KMA 24 audio panel (the DME button) and works fine, so a Garmin panel isn’t a requirement.

I agree w Ryan: check your setup configuration and make sure the volume is up.

Top connector on the back of the 275 (J2751), pins 30 and 48 should have wires coming out that are routed to the audio panel. If not, the tech didn't hook them up.

audio.JPG

Back