GI275 database update process??

AirKristy

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
AirKristy
I have the new GI275 installed on my 172N. I have the Garman USB port available for updates but every time I try to plug in a USB stick with the current databases the GI 275 says USB device not found.

I’ve installed the USB stick before all the power was switched on, then searched after start up - not found
After the power and before the avionics power - not found
After the power and avionics power is on - not found

How on earth do I get the GI 275 to find the USB drive? I haven’t been able to find any documentation to walk through this step. I am sure it is something simple.....

While I have dual GI275's and a GSB15 USB port to update them... I haven't had to update them yet, they're still brand new... Please let me know if you find the solution to this, as I'm sure I'll have the same problem.

The FAQs at the Garmin web site suggest you may have to enable the USB port in the GI275 settings menu first. The other thing that comes to mind is the format of the stick. I'll bet it is expected to be formatted as FAT32. Devices may not be able to read NTFS or exFAT formatted sticks.

What about upgrading it through the Garmin Pilot App? It shows it “Connext” to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plug the USB drive into your computer. If it's a Windows PC, right click on the drive, select "Properties" and check that the filesystem is FAT32 and not exFAT (and not APFS and not HPFS and not ext3, etc).

Aha. Turns out, with dual GI275s, only one is connected to the USB port. I was using the bottom device and should have been using the top device. Magic!

Back