GI issues and Class III???

ChemGuy

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
ChemGuy
Hey Docs a couple questions...

Last few months I've had some GI issues, generally not feeling good, indigestion, bloating after meals, bowel issues, etc. along with some discomfort in upper right side. No other major pains or anything else as a an issue.

As I'm 47 they did a colonoscopy and found 2 small non-cancer polyps.
then did an ultra sound and saw nothing abnormal. Doc is trying to rule out gall bladder issues so I had a HIDA scan today.

I havent been flying anyway the last few months but I have my class III renewal in a few weeks.

Is anything so far grounds for denial of class III?

Assuming I dont have a final diagnosis by then will i get deferred/denied with these types of ongoing issues?

If it is the gallbladder and that is removed are there any class III issues there?

Thanks for the help,

The colonoscopy is a yawner. I have a few non-cancerous ones each time. I bring my path reports just because it's in my file of stuff I need to put on my medical form but nobody has ever even looked at it.

I definitely would have them look at the Gall Bladder. My wife had chronic problems for years. They treated various things including sending her in for a cardiac cath (at least she knows she has very clean coronary arteries). Finally, she got a doctor with a clue and they found her gall bladder was pretty much solid with stones. She's been much happer without it, and it was not a medical issue either (once recovered from the surgery).

With the HIDA scan, the objective results relate to ejection fraction after the CCK is injected, which the radiologists calculate and report. At least as important is whether or not that CCK injection causes or exacerbates any of your GI symptoms in addition. That is subjective information that you should make sure you relate to the doctor that ordered the HIDA scan. It may not show up in the report from the radiologist and they may only be aware of it if you mention it.

Have you have an upper GI endoscopy (EGD)?

With the HIDA scan, the objective results relate to ejection fraction after the CCK is injected, which the radiologists calculate and report. At least as important is whether or not that CCK injection causes or exacerbates any of your GI symptoms in addition. That is subjective information that you should make sure you relate to the doctor that ordered the HIDA scan. It may not show up in the report from the radiologist and they may only be aware of it if you mention it.

Have you have an upper GI endoscopy (EGD)?

No upper yet.

Ive seen some pretty significant changes in symptoms based on diet, so I know thats a factor Ill discuss with him.

I was trying hold off on basic med as I would love to fly in some other countries but maybe its time.

Thanks all for the help.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back