GFC500 Altitude Alerts

NealRomeoGolf

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
NRG
My Googling and Garmin manual searching aren't doing me any good. My GFC500 callouts at 1000 and 200 feet are pretty loud and I'd like to turn them down. I can't find where I would do that. I'm running the GFC500 through a pair of G5s. Is there something buried in the G5 options that does it? Is it only avionics shop controllable? These are the chimes that happen when you're within 1000 feet and 200 feet of the altitude preselect as you're climbing and descending. My 500 foot AGL callout (verbal) on an approach is the perfect volume.

To tag along with this question, is there a list of all possible aural alerts?

I know there is one at minimum airspeed that I discovered exploring under speed protection.

It's in the G5 configuration menu. You need to push in the knob when turning on to get to that mode.

My Googling and Garmin manual searching aren't doing me any good. My GFC500 callouts at 1000 and 200 feet are pretty loud and I'd like to turn them down. I can't find where I would do that. I'm running the GFC500 through a pair of G5s. Is there something buried in the G5 options that does it? Is it only avionics shop controllable? These are the chimes that happen when you're within 1000 feet and 200 feet of the altitude preselect as you're climbing and descending. My 500 foot AGL callout (verbal) on an approach is the perfect volume.
Those alerts volume on my plane is adjustable with the volume knobs on the gma 345 garmin sound panel. There are 2 volume knobs, one for intercom and one for music/alerts.

Back