GFC 500- second servo fail

Glen R

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Glen
Replaced one servo a year ago. Now another one failed yesterday. It's going into the shop tomorrow and I'm guessing it will have a serial number within the recall parameters. Love this a/p but what's up with the servos? If you have one get the serial numbers checked and have any within the recall window replaced now.

so both servos u had fail had an issue and were recalled, and you're surprised that it failed? sounds like it's a known issue, get 'em replaced and be done with it (hopefully).

so both servos u had fail had an issue and were recalled, and you're surprised that it failed? sounds like it's a known issue, get 'em replaced and be done with it (hopefully).

I didn't say I was surprised. The first servo failed after 6 months of the initial install. That was under warranty and before any widespread issues warranted them doing a recall. The recall was issued recently and it wasn't enough of an emergency to tie up the plane for weeks. Now it is.

where can i find this list of recalled servo S/N?

All S/N less than 2000 ... from Garmin SB 2063B - "serial numbers 5G9000000 to 5G9002000"

Back