Gettting TFR emails today like crazy

flhrci

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
David
I cannot wait until the election is over. Will be safe to fly again.

David

No worries. My state goes DEM no matter what we do. But the IOWA TFRs do close down all sorts of airports nearby- DVN, Kewanee, etc etc.

I am getting a lot of e-mails of TFR's too, but recently they have always been for Obama, and never anyone else. It also seems he gets a much bigger area if restrictions as well.

On another note did anyone see Obama's and Romney's answers to AOPA's questions concerning GA in America. To me most of their answers are either nonanswers, or if you read their words closely enought signal for problems in the future...but then again maybe I am just the ultimate pessimist.

Doug

I am in a "guaranteed blue" state, so not a lot of campaign stops. But he does fly in to UN, and some fund raisers quite a bit. Annoying.

The only reason he comes here is to grub more money from rich donors. Fortunately, he isn't here that often.

They're all scheduled to come back here a whole bunch until its over. I already voted, so can I vote to have all the annoying ads taken off my TV? ;)

I am getting a lot of e-mails of TFR's too, but recently they have always been for Obama, and never anyone else. It also seems he gets a much bigger area if restrictions as well.

On another note did anyone see Obama's and Romney's answers to AOPA's questions concerning GA in America. To me most of their answers are either nonanswers, or if you read their words closely enought signal for problems in the future...but then again maybe I am just the ultimate pessimist.

Doug

Have a link for this? I'd like to read it for myself, please. :)

On another note did anyone see Obama's and Romney's answers to AOPA's questions concerning GA in America. To me most of their answers are either nonanswers, or if you read their words closely enought signal for problems in the future...
Doug

Look closely at the dog and pony show Obama's visit is causing in Orlando Monday... With all the arrivals for the NBAA show his TFR is like poking a stick in ALOT of peoples eyes.. :mad::mad::mad:...

I laughed at the Monday TFR, thinking how the NBAA folks will be effected. I'll be at the convention center all week, working my booth. No chance to get out to the flight line. :-(

Wait til the recount - and the candidates [edit: Obama] jets around to the recount states to encourage the supporters to protest the recounts . . .:dunno::dunno:

Wait til the recount - and the candidates [edit: Obama] jets around to the recount states to encourage the supporters to protest the recounts . . .:dunno::dunno:

Interesting scenerio.. BUT... you have it wrong...

There is still 8 days left for the admin to start a war in the middle east and cancel the elections..:yes::hairraise::eek:

I am in a "guaranteed blue" state, so not a lot of campaign stops. But he does fly in to UN, and some fund raisers quite a bit. Annoying.
Judging by the few TFRs we've had here, it seems he thinks MI is guaranteed too. I did a walk around my Macomb County neighborhood today though, and noticed about 10 Romney signs on lawns vs 2 for Obama (and one or two signs endorsing local Democrats too). Bumper stickers are more evenly divided. I don't think anything is guaranteed here.

Hope this does not seem stupid, but it would not be my first time. How do you get the TFR's emailed to you?
Thanks

Hope this does not seem stupid, but it would not be my first time. How do you get the TFR's emailed to you?
Thanks
Easiest way is to go to faasafety.gov:
This notice is being sent to you because you selected "Selected ATC Notices" in your preferences on FAASafety.gov. If you wish to adjust your selections, log into https://www.faasafety.gov/Users/pub/preferences.aspx where you can update your preferences.

AOPA also offers a service:
You are receiving this TFR notice because you are a member of AOPA. To continue to receive this important member benefit, please keep your membership current and your contact information updated. ( https://www.aopa.org/apps/myaopamembership/index.cfm )

For a President who told everyone in his first year, not to waste their money in Las Vegas, he's been here a LOT! Picking up $$ from high roller donors.

He was here two weeks ago, Mrs POTUS was here last week, she doesnt get a TFR, and he's coming back this week! VP Joe was here 3weeks ago, but he only gets a 3nm TFR.

I don't think I remember a Romney TFR. He gets SS coverage, but no TFR?

Doug

The Prez gets the 30nm TFR, the VP gets the 5 nm TFR. The other candidates get nothing.

As for the AOPA "interview", I'll bet everything in my wallet at the moment ($57) that neither Obama nor Romney even knew AOPA asked any questions. They were probably answered by staffers. Even acknowledging GA exists is beneath the candidates.

They're all scheduled to come back here a whole bunch until its over. I already voted, so can I vote to have all the annoying ads taken off my TV? ;)

No.

In fact the COS TFR was cancelled (the only good thing from Sandy) but instead, Denver gets it Nov 1-2.

Trivia - the 30 nm TFR has/will occur 14 times in Colorado between Aug 2012 and Nov2, 2012.

Think about the economic impact - no flight training, no fun flights, no fuel sales.

Trivia - the 30 nm TFR has/will occur 14 times in Colorado between Aug 2012 and Nov2, 2012.

Think about the economic impact - no flight training, no fun flights, no fuel sales.

Shovel ready stimulus. ;)

As in piled high and deep and where's my shovel? :) :) :)

Back