Getting to Meet another PoA

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
Most of the afternoon of May 22 I'll be hanging out at IWI(Wiscasset, Maine), my plane being at concord, NH for avionics upgrades. The fun will be awaiting the arrival of N2212R, PoA Ed Frederick, who left voice-mail tonight that he's on the ground at Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts for the night. I'll probably take him to The Taste of Maine, which is only a few miles from the airport(and is owned by another pilot and his wife). He'll spend the night at my house and then fly back to Michigan on Tuesday. That should be a fun day/evening in the making, eh? En route from Martha's Vineyard I understand he'll be landing at Pease, NH(formerly Pease Air Force Base, now redeveloped as public and commercial aviation).

HR

Harley: Ed is a great house guest. You will enjoy your time with him for sure. He is a great guy and a great pilot.:yes:

AdamZ said:
Harley: Ed is a great house guest. You will enjoy your time with him for sure. He is a great guy and a great pilot.:yes:

I always look forward to meeting other pilots. I only fear that Ed will be insulted by the disarrangement of furniture and art works throughout the house.
A 2nd load recently arrived from my house in Arizona but that's the end of it because the house will have a new owner within 30 days. And Her Majesty(former wife) shall arrive from Florida on the 26th for 10 days of interior arrangements of The Lady's Touch, et cetera.

Ed was made aware of said disarrangements. :eek:)

HR

Do not worry about the discombobulation, I guarantee it will be more organized than my house right now. I had to gut my back living room and replace the roof. EVERYTHING from that room is now living in my kitchen, dining room, bedroom, and other living room. I have "paths" carved through the house right now. One problem is I left my phone charger at home for my cell, so I will see how much charge I can get back on it from the flight to Pease from Katama.

Adam - the call I made to you was just to tell you to sit at the end of 24 when I took off from Wings and I'd give ya a low altitude departure. :)

Thanks for the follow-up, Ed. Knowing of your cell phone situation I'll not make any attempt to call you. I'll be hanging-out at the house until, at least, 1200. By 1300 or thereabouts I'll be hangar flying at Wiscasset. My purely gut feeling is that you won't be departing Pease until 1300 or after, and it should be about 45 min. to an hour ETE.

Suggest you call/radio Wicked Good Aviation upon departure from Pease. I'll try to photograph your arrival. Obviously, you are accompanied by laptop.

Wicked Good Aviation = 207-882-5475 ........... or 122.8.

Well, I actually wont be arriving into Pease until about 1300 local, because the shuttle here doesn't leave from where I am at to Katama airpark until 1100 local. I probably won't get into IWI until later in the afternoon. Say 400 local or so?? I will be charging my cell phone in the air with my cig lighter, so I should have battery to call you at PSM before I leave. I'm sitting outside the visitor center borrowing wireless access from the restaurant next door. :)

Got it! I'll be at IWI anytime from 1400 and thereafter.
Bring your appetite. Taste of Maine, not far from the airport, is a U.S. Route #1 standard.

HR

Harley. Nick and I were up at Concord Saturday morning. Too bad I didnt know where you (or your plane was). I Would've bought you lunch.

Michael said:
Harley. Nick and I were up at Concord Saturday morning. Too bad I didnt know where you (or your plane was). I Would've bought you lunch.

Well, ain't that a bummer? Sorry I didn't have enough notice. Since I sold my house in Scottsdale(well, within 30 days to closing) -- and quit my part-time job -- I can just about move-upon-notice. My plane is at Craig Avionics which is right next-door to the FBO at Concord Airport. It was probably inside Craig's facility. Last I knew, Craig(owner) said the installations were going well. It'll probably be ready in a few days. I dunno if I can get used to "retirement," if that's what's to be. I tried it once, got bored stiff within 2.5 months, and got a part-time job. I stayed with it for almost two years but................... too close to PP-ASEL time and don't want to miss a summer of flying. If I get bored again I'll get another part-time situation.

HR

Back