Getting the good word out on GA??

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
What would be the best way? I'm thinking perhaps, public access TV. Small audience, but you are basically given free reign over what you want to say as long as it complies with the FCC. Maybe even have it a call in show, or have guests. I'm thinking about doing it. Sure it's a small base, but it is cheap, and you've got to start somewhere.

Anyone want to help write some shows?

I will gladly help, I have only been flying for a little over two years but have managed 250 plus a little hours of not hitting anything while flying and have finally found the one thing in my life to constantly challenge me.

Last edited:
Ed, I'll help if I can.

I think the key would be to focus on how GA is working to reduce risk as well as improve benefits to the public (LifeLine/Angel Flight). Also wouldn't hurt to mention that if they eliminate GA where do the next generation of airline pilots come from?

I'm thinking about a weekly program, so I could definitely touch on a lot of things.

But for some reason, I keep seeing in my head

"Aurora Cable Channel 10 presents..."

It's Ed's World, Ed's World!
It's flying time! Excellent!

SkyHog said:
It's Ed's World, Ed's World!
It's flying time! Excellent!

Hey, that may get lots of people to watch it! They won't know they are getting edumcated to GA freindliness until it's too late!

Missa

I think it would be a great talk show, like they use to have on SCTV. You know Bobbie Bittman, Johny LaRue, Lana Heatherton, etc.

Anthony said:
I think it would be a great talk show, like they use to have on SCTV. You know Bobbie Bittman, Johny LaRue, Lana Heatherton, etc.

...and how could you forget Tawny Beavay?! Or the devilishly handsome Philip Marx?

Ok - thinking of a format. I'm thinking a 1 hour weekly show. The first 1/2 hour of each show - a summarized private pilot ground school. The second 1/2 of it, either call in Q & A, or e-mail, or something like that. And occasionally a guest - if I can wrangle anyone into doing it.

Thoughts?

It's an awesome idea. But how would you do it? How can all of us who are scattered around the country contribute and participate?

In my opinion, if you want to spread the word about GA, talking ground school for a half hour to non flying folks will have them changin the channel pretty quickly. now stories from pilots of near misses and engine out landings will have em glued to the tube. Then you can talk about how safe it is, etc. but you'll need to keep them tuned in to preach.

kthompson2k said:
The Wonderful Flying World of Ed presents this weeks episode......

Look! Up in the Sky! It's a horse! It's a plane! It's SuperEd ;)

Frank Browne said:
From out of the blue of the mid-western sky....it's SkyEd! :goofy:

That's funny, because before I got into flying I was called Sky King by the group I played basketball with. When I was younger I had some hops. Now I just drink them.

N2212R said:
That's funny, because before I got into flying I was called Sky King by the group I played basketball with. When I was younger I had some hops. Now I just drink them.

Well then....this one's for you Ed....

Attachments

• SkyKingIntro.wav
    70.1 KB · Views: 11
Back