Getting oil stains out of ...

etsisk

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iYiYi
smooth surfaced concrete, no sealer, and about a gallon of used oil that leaked sometime in the last month...
frown.gif

This is a friend's hangar (and his oil spill, too, I might add). We did the kitty litter/scrubbing with a 2x4 thing and got up a lot of the surface oil, but the stain (about 3'x12'!!) is still there.

Any suggestions? We'd prefer the non-toxic suggestions, if there are any, and stuff that won't kill the fabric on his Husky.
eek.gif

I have used a diluted Muriatic Acid + H20 mixture to clean some concrete stains in our shop as well as when cleaning a sealed swimming pool. I would probably test it in an inconspicuous area to see how it reacts with that certain concrete before treating an area as large as you mentioned, though.

Don't know about any 'home' remedies, but there are tons of off-the-shelf "concrete stain remover" options. Check Lowe's, Home Depot, etc.

Hi
There is a product called Pour n restore. Its sold at Ace hardeware store's. Its not cheap but it does work. You can also buy it over the internet, just google pour n restore.

Good Luck Mike

Remove concrete. Pour new concrete. Finish. Works every time.:D

Back