Getting new medical wait times

Criitter7

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Brian
My ame faxed in to FAA my forms to get my night flying and no light gun control off my medical. How long does it normally take to get my new medical? Nobody I asked seems to know
Thanks
Brian

(...forlornly looks toward Peoria....)

...sigh...

Your AME, if he was like one of our favorite AME's, should be willing to take the extra effort to champion this and cut through some of the red tape. Especially if there is high confidence that all the OKC docs want to see is there and you're just seeking for them to agree with your AME.

So you might see if you could trade a weeks worth of breakfast taco's and quality lunches for him and his staff to make the call to OKC and make an effort on your behalf.

Once you've sent the request to OKC, they have to evaluate it and issue a letter authorizing the Operational Color Vision Test (OCVT) with your local FSDO (assuming you're looking for Third Class only -- there's more involved for Second/First). Figure two weeks or so before you have that letter. Then, you have to call the FSDO and schedule the OCVT -- figure another couple of weeks lead time for them to book an Inspector to do the test. If you pass, the Inspector can issue the new documents on the spot. So, I'd figure at least a month, maybe six weeks, from sending the request to OKC to being cleared for night flying.

For more details, see the FAA Order on this, or contact Bruce Chien directly via his web site.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back