Getting my commercial

jesse

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jesse
I've decided to get my commercial, looking over the requirements I have all of them except for about 6 hours of dual required in the complex airplane.

Anyone know a place I can go to knock out those hours and take the checkride? Obviously I'm looking to keep this as affordable as possible.

(Will need to learn and practice the maneuvers which I think can probably be done in the time)

Willing to be as creative as possible to keep the costs down.

How proficient are you at all the tasks required by the CP PTS?

Jesse won't brag, But Ron, I'm gonna predict he nails 'em. In the aviation dictionary, under "natural pilot," they have Jesse's mug pictured.

i wish i was still in Ames. We could knock it out fast in a weekend with the 182RG. Unfortunately the only Complex plane I have access to down here is in a club.

Jesse won't brag, But Ron, I'm gonna predict he nails 'em. In the aviation dictionary, under "natural pilot," they have Jesse's mug pictured.
If that's so, it could be done in 6-10 hours, depending on how familiar he is with the plane to be used. Like Tony said, a hard-working weekend. But since cost is a factor, I'm guessing any major travel isn't a good option, or I'd have a few suggestions that would run him in the neighborhood of $2500 plus his travel expenses.

Ames has their 182RG that is about the best deal around for a non-club complex a/c that I have found. Not sure what they have for instructors these days, though.

I thought the CP requirement of complex a/c was going to be dropped. Did I misunderstand that discussion or has it not happened yet?

Ames has their 182RG that is about the best deal around for a non-club complex a/c that I have found. Not sure what they have for instructors these days, though.

I thought the CP requirement of complex a/c was going to be dropped. Did I misunderstand that discussion or has it not happened yet?
AFAIK it hasn't happened yet and I'm sick of waiting. I would be all over the 182RG if Tony were still there....but otherwise I'm not too pumped about it.

Come to Williamsport, get your CP-AMEL-IA with me, and then you can do the CP-ASEL-IA add-on in the Cherokee.

Oh wait, you said cost-effective... :)

AFAIK it hasn't happened yet and I'm sick of waiting. I would be all over the 182RG if Tony were still there....but otherwise I'm not too pumped about it.

yea since you think you're Mr. Knowitall and only need 6 hrs to finish its going to be hard to actually pull that off with an instructor that has never met you

yea since you think you're Mr. Knowitall and only need 6 hrs to finish its going to be hard to actually pull that off with an instructor that has never met you

Jesse's the world's greatest pilot. Should be a snap.

Oh I don't care if it takes more then 6 hours. I just want to figure out a way to do it in a reasonable timeframe (extended weekend or so if I travel somewhere) and at the best per hour rate I can find.

I was very fortunate to be introduced to a friend with two Bonanzas (a '47 V and a 1980 A36).

My only advice -- hang around some more airports...?

Commercial written passed yesterday. Easy but rather long.

Passed my commercial checkride today - did it in 5 hours of dual in a Debonair. It was a lot of fun - and it's time for me to take a nap...

You earned it. Enjoy it for sure!:goofy:

Congrats, Jessie! Write-up, when you have the time, please!

Yah-

Too good to talk about it on chat, though!

Congratulations. Did he ask you about the avionics bus circuit? :wink2:

Congrats, Jesse! FIVE HOURS!? Is that the length of the typical CP ride? Oh, wait, reading the thread again, I think you mean you spent 5 hours dual getting ready for the ride...

Back