Getting logged out/ remember me

AdamZ

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
I'm having two problems with the site.

1) If I am typing a longer post or uploading a photo which takes time. When I click the submit button a new screen will come up telling me I'm not logged on and to log on. Problem is I loose my entire post and will have to retype the entire thing.

2) I have the "remember me" box checked but everytime I come back to the site I have to relog on. It dosen't remember me?

Thanks for the thelp

What browser are you using and have you adjusted any security/cookie settings? Are you using any firewall software, such as ZoneAlarm?

I have noticed that if I dont click on log out (in other words, just close the browser or go direct to another page), when I return it has me logged in whether I click the remember me or not. If I log out even with remember me checked, I have to log in when returning.

Using IE 6

Ron:

In your case, you should delete your cookies and re-log in. That should clear things up. Your cookies probably got somewhat out of synch with the move to the new server.

Waiting on Adam's response to Brian's questions.

Adam, while they're awaiting answers on browser, etc... let me share something with you I've gotten out of frustration on a couple of other less stable forums, and having browser trouble (closing without notice) due to defective software in my wireless router (now fixed, PTL!).

When I write a longish post (and I tend to be a bit long winded....) I tend now to either write the body of the post in email or Word, then copy/paste it into the forums and tweak as nec. It prevents the hassle of losing a post completely when for whatever reason it vanishes into cyberspace. A short version of that, if there is a point when I suspect it may vanish, I will simply right click my post text, select all, click on copy... then if it goes away, I can paste it in a new post window.

That said, using AOL (I know, I know....) and multiple firewals with security set on high, I need to log in everytime I visit if I'm posting, but it stays logged in. Also, I've not had to deal with vanishing posts since I fixed the router's software trouble (a simple update at D Link fixed that). Hope you can get this sorted out, it is really maddening!:yes:

Chuck: Don't laugh at me but I'm pretty sure my browser is internet explorer. I have a fire wall through my anti virus program Symantec that is at work. I have the same problem at home and there I use internet explorere and McAfee. I did't have this problem before you moved the site.

Ok, Adam, in that case you should also clear your cookies and log in again.

To clear your cookies:
- Close all browser windows but one
- Click the Tools menu, followed by Internet Options
- Click the 'Delete Cookies' button

Then close the browser.

Then come back here and log in again and see if the issue goes away...

(Sorry, but issues like these are rarely within my own personal control. :( )

And T-Bone's advice is VERY sound, by the way. :)

T Bone said:
A short version of that, if there is a point when I suspect it may vanish, I will simply right click my post text, select all, click on copy... then if it goes away, I can paste it in a new post window.

Thats what I have been doing. Sometimes however autopilot kicks in and I just click sumbit. I'm off to delete my cookies as Chuck suggested. I'll let you know what happens.

OK guys so far so good. deleted the cookies now POA remembers me. I'll check the other getting bumped issue as time goes on. Thanks

Greebo said:
Ron:

In your case, you should delete your cookies and re-log in. That should clear things up. Your cookies probably got somewhat out of synch with the move to the new server.

Waiting on Adam's response to Brian's questions.

I have a 14 year old son. I can't keep cookies in the house more than 5 minutes.

OH.....not cooked cookies.....internet cookies

Nevermind.....

Back