Getting kids on an aviation career path, or cosmetology

StevieTimes

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
StevieTimes
My kids seem to like comic books, so I've been picking up ones in shabby condition for not much money. I stumbled upon this gem that I thought I'd share.

The cover draws you in; you know this is going to be an exciting read.
01.jpg

By the way; I'm considering reviving the Sea Monkey industry. Is anybody here interested in a franchise opportunity? These things literally sell themselves. That is a disturbing thought, if you stop and picture the poor things selling themselves. I digress.
02.jpg

Let me zoom in on the bottom right of that picture; this comic book was produced in 1970, it would seem.
03.jpg

Anyway, let's get to the topic at hand. At the end of the comic book, it seems to give some career advice? Maybe just giving career ideas is more what is happening. It seems like one good option is cosmetology:
04.jpg

Another good option is air traffic control!
05.jpg

The guy who came up with the sea monkeys , 'invisible fish' and 'x-ray glasses' was my neighbor some years back (well, at that point his widow). A colorful character who was pretty far off in his political views

All the kids who read this in 1970 and went into atc.... either got fired in 1981 or were in the wave of hirings that followed....

All the kids who read this in 1970 and went into atc.... either got fired in 1981 or were in the wave of hirings that followed....

Well what else is there? Before and after. Lol

Back