Getting close

Bill

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
This page intentionally left blank
Another good training flight last night. Departed the airport, and then did a hold on a ficticious intersecton, then flew FAA pattern B partial panel. Flying that pattern partial panel is pretty tough work, I was behind at first, but got on to it after a while. Still, pretty tough.

Then, flew an NDB approach that had a manditory hold, did that one to a missed. Then ended the night with a no gyro ASR approach. Kinda cool, controller "talked" me right to the runway.

Good flight, on track for checkride 11/10 to 11/15 timeframe. My instructor is getting a guy ready for his PPL checkride on Monday, and then said we'd do some intense final training to be ride ready.

Yee ha!

That's great, Bill. You have been working hard on the IR and I bet you knock it right out of the park. Good job.

Jim G

Excellent. Good luck, know your regs, and don't let any mistake you make during the check ride fluster you. The DEs are looking to see how you handle stress as well as how well you are flying.

Lastly always go missed if things are not right, or ATC sets you up too high or on too tight of a turn. Ask for vectors when you need it, do not try to find it all by yourself when there is help on the other side of the radio. DEs are looking at how well you use ALL available tools.

Scott

Last edited:
grattonja said:
That's great, Bill. You have been working hard on the IR and I bet you knock it right out of the park. Good job.

I hope, there are so many ways one can screw up...:lightning:

Back