Gettelman Lug Bug - Still Around?

Marauder

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Marauder
Somewhere back in my horse trading days I came to own a Gettelman Lug Bug Model 200. I never used it because it was configured for a Piper and my hangars were always flat and easy to get in. Now that I am based at an airport that has a nice hump at the entrance, I'm thinking about getting this gizmo working.

My Google searches found Mr. Gettelman who passed away a few years back at the ripe old age of 96. The searches revealed that the company was sold to a Mr. Lohman who bought it in 1980 and retired from it in 1991. He subsequently was killed in an aviation accident in 1993: http://www.eaa.org/apps/obituaries/MemorialWall2.aspx?ID=971

Then the trail goes cold. I can't find any trace of the company. Did it get bought and a name change? Did it go away? I am trying to find parts to convert it over to a Mooney configuration. Anyone know anything about this company and product?

We bought two Gettles within the past few years in order to raise the nose and thereby lower the tail of a 340 to clear the hangar door frame. We were told that somebody in Wisconsin had bought the company and was supporting the parts and service of the old units.

I haven't had reason to look for the successor but will check with the guys to see if anybody knows more.

Somewhere back in my horse trading days I came to own a Gettelman Lug Bug Model 200. I never used it because it was configured for a Piper and my hangars were always flat and easy to get in. Now that I am based at an airport that has a nice hump at the entrance, I'm thinking about getting this gizmo working.

My Google searches found Mr. Gettelman who passed away a few years back at the ripe old age of 96. The searches revealed that the company was sold to a Mr. Lohman who bought it in 1980 and retired from it in 1991. He subsequently was killed in an aviation accident in 1993: http://www.eaa.org/apps/obituaries/MemorialWall2.aspx?ID=971

Then the trail goes cold. I can't find any trace of the company. Did it get bought and a name change? Did it go away? I am trying to find parts to convert it over to a Mooney configuration. Anyone know anything about this company and product?

Last edited:
We bought two Gettles within the past few years in order to raise the nose and thereby lower the tail of a 340 to clear the hangar door frame. We were told that somebody in Wisconsin had bought the company and was supporting the parts and service of the old units.

I haven't had reason to look for the successor but will check with the guys to see if anybody knows more.

Thanks for looking into it. I normally consider myself a good Internet sleuth, but this search has me frustrated.

Back