alaskaflyer

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Alaskaflyer
13-06342.jpg

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/bvpages/womenLogbook.php

Is there really a market for this?

I should get one for Leah. She'll be a year old on April 9.

Hey, don't knock it. Here is a description of the early Powder Puff girls:
The first Women's Air Derby [aka the Powder Puff Derby] on August 13-20, 1929, was a transcontinental race as part of the National Air Races at Cleveland that was entered by 20 women flyers. While at the time there were 70 US-licensed women pilots, only 40 met the race requirements of having 100 hours of solo flight, including 25 hours of solo cross-country, a license from the Federation Aeronautique Internationale (FAI), and an annual sporting license issued by the National Aeronautics Association (NAA). Of that group, there were 20 entrants in the Derby.

It took eight days to fly and navigate the route using only dead reckoning and road maps. Louise Thaden came in first, and 14 others who completed the race in one of the two aircraft categories were Amelia Earhart, Ruth Elder, Edith Foltz, Mary Haizlip, Jessie Keith-Miller, Opal Kunz, Blanche Noyes, Gladys O'Donnell, Phoebe Omlie, Neva Paris, Thea Rasche, Bobbi Trout (out of the competition with two forced landings), Mary von March, and Vera Dawn Walker.
I have a distant aunt who was an early Powder Puff Pilot - we were never close to that side of the family. She may have passed by now, very sadly, I don't know. I met her when I was 13 and her passion for aviation was intense. Maybe some of it rubbed off.....

-Skip

Last edited:
Interesting. I know the person who runs this company. I fact I saw her... today.

Can you get her to change "powder puff pilot" to Avatrix? I like the pouch and the graphics not bad...
Just so that I understand correctly, you like the bigger logbook with the pouch but with the cover that says "Girls Fly Too - The Aviatrix Log"?

Just so that I understand correctly, you like the bigger logbook with the pouch but with the cover that says "Girls Fly Too - The Aviatrix Log"?

I like the log book, and I know "powder puff pilot" has historical signficance but I like term "Aviatrix" so much better. (not hung upon on the Girls fly too bit) but if The big book with same logo had the inscription "Aviatrix Log" instead of "Power Puff Pilot"... I'd already own one.

I like the log book, and I know "powder puff pilot" has historical signficance but I like term "Aviatrix" so much better. (not hung upon on the Girls fly too bit) but if The big book with same logo had the inscription "Aviatrix Log" instead of "Power Puff Pilot"... I'd already own one.
I did some research on this and the companies that make these logbooks are two different companies (Powderpuff Pilot vs. Girlsflytoo) so you can't get the content of the one with the cover of the other.

I did some research on this and the companies that make these logbooks are two different companies (Powderpuff Pilot vs. Girlsflytoo) so you can't get the content of the one with the cover of the other.

Yea, the girls fly too logbook has been out for a few years, but I doubt they have a copy write on "Aviatrix Log". If the "PowderPuff Pilot" sell enough to do another run, They might consider a run with "Aviatrix Log" instead of "Powder Puff Pilot". I don't know... Aviatrix seems a bit more of and empowering term then Powder Puff Pilot.... but then maybe I need to embrace my inner girly girl.

Missa

Just recieved mine!,.. I mean, my wife's! She first asked, "what did you buy now?"

But, she was pleasantly surprised when I gave it to her and told her we have to log the time we fly together. (BooYa! Bonus points :cornut: ) On the right page, we'll paste in a photo from each flight to show where she has been.

Cool Rob!
Glad she liked it. Seems like she'll now have yet another reason to
look forward to flying together.

Back