Get-there-it-is -- ASI video

Pop up clearances these days seem to always come with a confirm “IFR equipped and capable” question from ATC. I’m surprised that no such question was asked. Private pilots can’t respect IMC and icing enough. To kill yourself is one thing, to kill your spouse and children is beyond tragic. It’s criminal. He knowingly broke the FARs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pop up clearances these days seem to always come with a confirm “IFR equipped and capable” question from ATC. I’m surprised that no such question was asked. Private pilots can’t respect IMC and icing enough. To kill yourself is one thing, to kill your spouse and children is beyond tragic. It’s criminal. He knowingly broke the FARs.

it is tragic. unfortunately, he just kept digging and got deeper in the hole. honestly, I am not surprised since even on this board there are people who openly comments on it shouldn't be a big deal to get into IMC and get out on the other end or that they have done it before and it shouldn't be a problem or some incredibly stupid variation of the same

it is tragic. unfortunately, he just kept digging and got deeper in the hole. honestly, I am not surprised since even on this board there are people who openly comments on it shouldn't be a big deal to get into IMC and get out on the other end or that they have done it before and it shouldn't be a problem or some incredibly stupid variation of the same

Thanks for posting. Sigh.

Back