Get out there and fly!

Geico266

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Geico
After my great adventure ferrying an LSA from Lincoln to Santa Rosa in one day I'm back to my normal flying routine.

Taking my daughter and two grandsons to a flyin breakfast this morning.

where are you going and what are you flying this AM? Don't have a plane? Not a pilot yet? Get your sorry ass from behind the computer and head to the busiest GA airport you have within 100 miles. You just might snag a ride or get inspired to take lessons.

If you are a pilot with a plane and have an empty seat look for the people hanging on the fence drooling and ask them if they would like a ride.

Do something nice for someone today and let us know what you did.

Who went flying today??

Geico-

I've got to admit it man, you definitely fly. Sounds trite but I am starting to doubt the average PPL claim of even 50 hours a year just based on the popular topics of conversation here.

I am currently in France, I REALLY wish I could go flying, but this country is just not setup to make that an easy thing to do. Still it's on the bucket list.

Enjoy yourself, good post.

Thanks. :D

Flying is my passion. It never gets old for me. If it ever does I roll the plane, or duck under some power lines and scare the crap out of myself. :eek: :lol: :rolleyes:

After Cars and Coffee here in Jacksonville FL, I'm heading back to KSGJ and teach IFR to a student. Flying is indeed a passion and no $$$ to be made as a Flight Instructor.

Have to wait till Monday,due to doing the anniversary thing. Now that I'm in Florida ,flying twice a week at least. Thanks for the push.

I was hoping to do my BFR today but it's IMC. I'm up to about 45 hours so far this year and it feels good!

Low scuz today, no flying this weekend. Bird in the shop anyway, replacing the 19th century GPS with a 20th century one.

Next weekend, though, full plane down the east coast for some Orlando fun! :yes:

I wish I was knocking out some approaches with the updated 530 WAAS. Only problem is that the 530 has not returned from the upgrade :nonod:

IMG_1352.JPG

Last edited:
After my great adventure ferrying an LSA from Lincoln to Santa Rosa in one day I'm back to my normal flying routine.

Taking my daughter and two grandsons to a flyin breakfast this morning.

where are you going and what are you flying this AM? Don't have a plane? Not a pilot yet? Get your sorry ass from behind the computer and head to the busiest GA airport you have within 100 miles. You just might snag a ride or get inspired to take lessons.

If you are a pilot with a plane and have an empty seat look for the people hanging on the fence drooling and ask them if they would like a ride.

Do something nice for someone today and let us know what you did.

Who went flying today??

You know I thought about doing just that Geico. As most on this board know I'm not a pilot but love aviation and love taking part in discussions with you guys. With that said I do need to make some local aviation friends and perhaps someone would take me up for a ride. For anyone interested I live in the Hemet-San Jacinto Valley. :)

Last edited:
1.2 on the hobbs, hood time/unusual attitudes and pattern practice. Long Solo XC postponed due to low ceilings everywhere I wanted to go. Eh, what can u do, I was still flying :) Actually I felt like my approaches were spot on today. I might actually get this flying thing down eventually!

Logged 3 hours yesterday. One burning off the extra fuel the FBO put in my rental and two to Vegas. Can't wait to get my plane back this week. Flying home on Monday. 5 hours in 4 days isn't terrible!

I logged 2.3 on Thursday taking the bird to PTK and then flight testing it up at ECK. Today is bee-autiful but I'm stuck inside getting my lecture slides ready for Monday.

Well, not completely. I did take a bike ride, but nothing special, just 45 minutes enjoying the sun. Flying takes a lot more time, once the drive to/from the airport, and the pre- and post-flight are taken into account. Maybe later in the week, especially if it's IFR.

1k1 to OJC (Kansas City). My wife wanted to go up for an overnight. She was not a fan of small planes. I have been careful to only take her on smooth days and now she suggests it. Back to 1k1 in the morning. I love my wife almost as much as my plane.

Jim

You know I thought about doing just that Geico. As most on this board know I'm not a pilot but love aviation and love taking part in discussions with you guys. With that said I do need to make some local aviation friends and perhaps someone would take me up for a ride. For anyone interested I live in the Hemet-San Jacinto Valley. :)

Join the local EAA chapter. ;)

2.7 on the tach, 18 glider tows, a lot of up and down.

Logged 3 hours yesterday. One burning off the extra fuel the FBO put in my rental and two to Vegas. Can't wait to get my plane back this week. Flying home on Monday. 5 hours in 4 days isn't terrible!

Hopefully the FBO did not charge you for that hour to burn down fuel. If you had specified a max fuel load to save room for pax or CG. I would have asked the FBO to defuel those 12 gallons.

Which airport did you use n Vegas?

Started getting checked out at the Michigan Flyers here at school! Due to a scheduling snafu we did everything but the landings for the Skycatcher checkout today. I haven't flown in a couple months, but my steep turns were great (I got the "broken altimeter" complement from the CFI :)) and I made a very nice crosswind lading--my first crosswind landing of any kind in a looong time. There was a little rust to knock off the radio procedures though...whew! You should have heard my first callup to ground.

Monday we finish up the Skycatcher and get checked out in the 172! Woop woop.

took a scenic "hmm.. need to visit friends in the hills, fly-in in TN and maybe do something else on the East coast" flight over the weekend (map attached). Turned out great!
Now back into that right seat and practice my CFI'ing

Attachments

• ECrt.jpg
    ECrt.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 6
Flew the schools Cub with my instructor to go pick up my 150 from the shop. He flew that back while I flew the Cub. Got an hour in and 4 take-off and landings, so now I'm current in it. School had a chili cook-off yesterday. I won a t-shirt in the raffle and my chili took first prize. Good day, even if the weather later on cancelled the flying events.

Well Larry, thought about going to barnstormers to chat. Ended up about everywhere else. Got about 6.6 hours this weekend and 37 takeoffs and landings that I walked away from (The plane will live to fly another day). Was a beautiful weekend for flying.

Flew the schools Cub with my instructor to go pick up my 150 from the shop. He flew that back while I flew the Cub. Got an hour in and 4 take-off and landings, so now I'm current in it. School had a chili cook-off yesterday. I won a t-shirt in the raffle and my chili took first prize. Good day, even if the weather later on cancelled the flying events.

Didn't you also win your plane? You might wanna start buying lottery tickets. :idea:

Beautiful evening Friday after work, so I picked a couple airports I havent visited in a while and flew a nice triangular route, logging 2.1hrs. There must have been a Sonex flyin in Crossville, TN, as there were a bunch of them on the ramp.

Since I started flying again on August 29th, I've logged 25hrs, all VFR. Now to get my IPC done.

Almost 5 hours. Buzzing the beach between 3' and 100'. All for free, stealing a little bit of god's energy for a laugh. He must not mind, there was no lightning.:lol:

Back