Get Away for a Couple Days???

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
- - - - and our collective worlds fall apart. Nick and Barry, I'm thinking of you and yours in these hard times. SteveinMichigan, it's so tough when one is close to the event. Spike and Andrew, Happy Birthday; you guys are too young; but from my end I'm of the opinion that "Age is simply a state-of-mind," so it doesn't bother me that I could be your father. And DoctorBruce just has an uncanny sense of expressing appropriate thoughts, appropriately.

I was away for a couple days: each day up at 5:00 to leave at 6:00 to set-up at 7:00; and open from 9:00 to 3:00. It was Woolwich Days, 250th Anniversary of Woolwich. It's on U.S. Route #1, just beyond Bath Iron Works(from which NBC TV News[Lester Holt] just gave national coverage to the new USN ship).

Photo #1(Southbound) is of Route #1. I had a 2nd sign standing next to the Northbound lane beyond the intersection's flashing light(visible in Photo #2).
Photo #3 was amidst 40+ artisans, craftspeople, and/or demonstrators.

Fabulous WX(I got some sunburn) the first day. The 2nd day it started to sprinkle at 1:30 and the exhibits were curtailed a bit early. I met a lot of people. One fellow lingered a bit, surveying the aerial shots. "Do you fly?" I asked. Affirmative.
"Where did you learn?"
"Bowdoinham."
"4065 Victor?"
"You got it; Wayne's plane."
"Same here; I think 65 Victor has trained a lot of pilots."

More interestingly, I think I've picked up a companion flyer.

HR
HR

Attachments

• Woolwich Days_1.jpg
    Woolwich Days_1.jpg
    485 KB · Views: 10
  • Woolwich Days_2.jpg
    Woolwich Days_2.jpg
    515.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Woolwich Days_3.jpg
    Woolwich Days_3.jpg
    614.8 KB · Views: 17