gestational diabetes?

U

Unregistered

The wife and I have been talking about timing for kids, and we're almost ready. Her big worry as it pertains to flying is gestational diabetes (Wikipedia says up to 10% of pregnancies, which is a large amount, IMO). I am guessing it is disqualifying while you're pregnant? What about after? Since most cases resolve after birth, is it an issue reporting it on the next medical after the baby is born or is it an automatic denial like all diabetes? What about flying after the baby is born and GD has cleared up but before next medical? I'm assuming it's like any other medical issue then?
She is a freelance flight instructor, so it's a huge concern for her, to the point where she doesn't even want to have kids if this is going cause her to lose her medical. And she's not interested in LSA.

So long as it remains "diabetes controlled by diet and exercise" it is not an FAA issue. But you do have to watch the cravings and you do have to exercise....and that's tough >in the 24th week....

So long as it remains "diabetes controlled by diet and exercise" it is not an FAA issue. But you do have to watch the cravings and you do have to exercise....and that's tough >in the 24th week....
The way I heard it, just getting out of bed and waddling to the car was a fair amount of exercise around that time.:D Not to mention all those frequent trips to the bathroom.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back