German Tourists Tape Turkish Plane on Takeoff

You laugh.

I made a trip to Europe on TWA back during Gulf War I when airfares were $200 round trip. A piece of cabin interior fell off the overhead bin or the light above (767) and clonked a woman in the head. When she complained, the flight attendant said - seriously - "What do you want, comfort or cheap fares?", she then took the piece and refused to offer any other help.

And that was back in the GOOD old days of flying.

wsuffa said:
You laugh.

I made a trip to Europe on TWA back during Gulf War I when airfares were $200 round trip. A piece of cabin interior fell off the overhead bin or the light above (767) and clonked a woman in the head. When she complained, the flight attendant said - seriously - "What do you want, comfort or cheap fares?", she then took the piece and refused to offer any other help.

And that was back in the GOOD old days of flying.

I can see it now, that stew was drop dead gorgeous. But caught 'tween that and her calloused disregard you didn't know if you should try to bed her or despise her.

In the REAL good old days they were called stews, proudly.

Richard said:
I can see it now, that stew was drop dead gorgeous. But caught 'tween that and her calloused disregard you didn't know if you should try to bed her or despise her.

In the REAL good old days they were called stews, proudly.

Sorry, Richard, this was anything but "night coach" ;)

Think Madeline Albright..... :eek:

Reminds me of a flight I took on TACA (Take A Chance Airlines) a few years back. We hit turbulence and the ceiling in the 737 collapsed. We put it back up and jammed a fork into it to create a pseudo fastener to secure. The stewardi pushed a cart up and down the the plane hading out free drinks. I guess they were thinking we needed to relax.

Scott

Back