German I-Phone a T-Mo Exclusive

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
For those of you that love the iPhone, love T-Mo, and don't mind having a German phone number:

http://www.t-mobile.net/CDA/news_details,20,0,newsid-5827-yearid--monthid-9,en.html

While I dislike the iPhone, I gotta say, thats a good combo, as the iPhone is lacking on the data side, similar to T-Mo anyways. I like having an American Phone Number, so I'll pass :D
But can you put a US T-Mobile SIM with a US IMSI in it?

Or jsut keep you US number and call forward to the German number

But can you put a US T-Mobile SIM with a US IMSI in it?

Or jsut keep you US number and call forward to the German number

I'm being told no. The SIM lock is likely to lock to the specific range of T-Mo Germany IMSIs. But - that is the "official" word. Time will tell if that is true or not (I suspect, with the lockdown Apple did with Cingular, that this is probably correct though).

At a buck a minute each way, you gotta REALLY love the iPhone.
Cell phone service costs money??? :hairraise::hairraise::hairraise:

I would never have figured that. I have had service since 1989 and never paid for it, y'all pay money for that junk?? ;););)

My former boss made me dial into a phone conference and stay online to view slides. I needed the desk phone line to dial in for data and I was on my cell phone from China at $3/minutes for two hours. He loved that bill!!

Cell phone service costs money??? :hairraise::hairraise::hairraise:

I would never have figured that. I have had service since 1989 and never paid for it, y'all pay money for that junk?? ;););)

My former boss made me dial into a phone conference and stay online to view slides. I needed the desk phone line to dial in for data and I was on my cell phone from China at $3/minutes for two hours. He loved that bill!!

When we first got SatPhones out in the oil fields, the office gals used to send out "Company Wide" emails with huge collections of graphics (Weekly Safety Report was the worst, tons of pictures) which would totally block the mail server with the big problem being that it was set up to send out the mail to me before receiving my outgoing, which would be my Daily Report, a 3 page simple Excel file which would take 45 minutes to get across at $4.50 a minute, so needless to say, I wouldn't be able to get my report out until the next day when I could call in and get the crap out of my mail box on the server so I could send which left me getting bitched at for not having reports in on time. So after asking the girls in the office to please pare down the reports to text alone and just paste it as an email rather than a file so I could get it in under a minute. They would reply "It doesn't work without the Pictures" I'd tell em it would be cheaper to send a hard copy on the next chopper.... This went on for 2 months so I said "F-It, let it download" for a day and a half.... I forwarded all the communications to the President of the company and told him it just cost him over 9 grand for me to receive the latest safety report. Never had another one, plus they reset the mail system so mail incoming from the boats hit first.

Some of us have our own companies/partnerships and the cellphone cost comes out of our own pockets in some fashion. Part of the reason I'm still using a junky Motorola phone instead of something better... ;) :rolleyes:

Back