Georgia Pilots!

tdager

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
LittleIronPilot
I am someone who is consumed by his passion for aviation, and also have my concerns about its future at times.

With that....would anyone be interested in forming a Pilots Association similar to the Colorado Pilots Association? (see http://www.coloradopilots.org/ for reference).

An association that can help us promote GA in Georgia, can share the wonders of GA amongst fellow Georgian pilots, etc?

I have NO idea what is involved in this, but I want to do my part to help strengthen GA, both nationwide and within the wonderful state of Georgia.

Please let me know.

Go for it... I'm sure you could start out with a mailing to all certificated pilots in Georgia. You should be able to get a mailing list from the FAA.

You already have an excellent partner in your governor. Use that to your advantage.

Does your state have a department of aviation? You might want to check with them as well to see if they already have that list or are interested in working with you.

Thanks N8116B...I will look into that!

Theres a governor down there that is into the general aviation scene. I forgot what he flew, might even be something like a decatholon. Shoot hit up the radio guy neil boortz, he has one and a mooney he talks about on his show from time to time.

Governor Perdue has a really nice Viking sitting and waiting at PXE Perry-Houston County Airport. He even invited his (and my ) A/P IA to the inauguration ball on the night he was elected 4 years ago. Called his mechanic up right from the campaign headquarters. he seems like a genuinely nice guy.
Keith Lane
(Georgia Pilot bases at Madison, Ga and Perry, Ga)

Back