Georgia Pilots Meet and Greet!

tdager

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
LittleIronPilot
OK so I want to get the burgeoning GPA off the ground a bit more and I figured what better way then to get people together to meet each other.

So with that said, I would like to plan to Meet and Greet's, one for northern Georgia and one for southern Georgia.

I have already had some suggestions for LZU or PDK for the northside, though I was thinking of a non-towered airport for the first meeting to get as many attendees as possible.

So what about those of you located in southern Georgia, anyplace that you want to meet?

Let me know...we have a thread at www.georgiapilots.org but this one will do just as well too.

So pony up some ideas people!

Wasn't there a previous suggestion for a date in April at a grass strip west of Atlanta? As much as I'd like to visit a grass strip, some of the renters wouldn't be allowed to land on grass per rental policies, myself included. I'd still drive down and would probably do so anyway.

I'm open to what works for everyone else. Others know the best options better than I so post some ideas. I'm game.

Ken

Yup..you nailed it Bill.

Ken I will be there with a smile and business cards in hand telling everyone far and wide about GPA, but it is not an official GPA meeting.

As you noted, many renters cannot go into grass strips and even some owners will not. There are also those that do not like towered airports, thus the reason for the first one to be someone neutral that all parties are fine with, thus the un-towered, paved strip such as Winder.

Back