Georgia Coast 9/24/16

MickYoumans

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
MickYoumans
FWIW, I thought I would post a few pictures from my flight up the coast today. Unfortunately I didn't have my Canon and these are just iPhone shots. There is nothing earth shattering here but thought I would share for anyone that has not flown this area before.

The first picture is over Brunswick looking out toward Jekyll Island.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    142.9 KB · Views: 41
A closer shot of the Brunswick River bridge. This bridge seems so steep driving over it in a car, but not so much from the air.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    125.3 KB · Views: 29
Jekyll Island Club and Historic district

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 29
Last edited:
The water park was empty. I imagine they shut down after Labor Day.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 25
ST Simons Island. I love the crab cakes at Barbra Jean's Resturant.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
Another shot of KSSI airport on St Simons. The King and Prince resort is in the bottom right corner of picture.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 21
you know you can put the pics in one post so we can scroll thru instead of having to click a billion times, right?

no worries. they're worth clicking on, great pics!

Great pics... We were just at Jekyll the late week of Aug. Love It there...:yes::yes::yes:

At least you didn't croon over Southern Soul BBQ like everyone else. Place sucks. But hey, it was on Tripple D so it has to be good, right?

Yes, the water park is closed for the season. Kids back in school. I'd like to see it open on the weekends though.

Last weekend, the runway at Jeckle was full of cars for Shrimp & Grits. Hope they FOD walked it. Hasn't really rained since. I saw cigarette buts, candy wrappers, dirt/rocks, other trash all over the runway.

Back