Georgia Bill to Protect Private Airstrip Owners

Papa Foxtrot

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Papa Foxtrot
Lifted from Supercub.org. EAA announced today that a similar bill was passed in Wisconsin. If you live in Georgia, please contact your senators and ask them to support this bill.:

Hi everyone,

I wanted to let you all know that we're making good progress on moving SB127 closer to passage but the job is not done yet and we need your help. For those who are unaware,SB127 seeks to amend our state's recreational use statute so that airstrip owners are protected from liability in the event of an accident resulting from public use of their land for recreational aviation purposes. This is commonsense bill and one that will help general aviation in Georgia.
Last Monday I met with Senator Bill Heath who is also a pilot and one of the sponsors of this bill. He's committed to seeing this bill brought forward to a vote but we're fighting against the clock as this will be a short legislative session due to it being an election year. Right now the bill is referred to the judiciary committee and is scheduled for review on January 18th. The members of the committee assigned to this bill are:

McKoon, Joshua (District 29) Chairman
Crosby, John (District 13 -Tifton) Vice Chairman
Bethel, Charlie (District 54-Dalton) Secretary
Hill, Judson (District 32 - Marietta) Ex-Officio
Carter, Jason (District 42 - Decatur) Member
Cowsert, Bill (District 46 - Athens) Member
Fort, Vincent (District 39 - Atlanta) Member
Ligon, Jr., William T. (District 03 - Brunswick) Member
Stone, Jesse (District 23 - Waynesboro) Member
Tippins, Lindsey (District 37 - Marietta) Member

If you are an airstrip owner living in any one of these senator's district, we could really use your assistance. We need volunteers who are willing to attend the committee meeting on the 18th and be prepared to discuss the importance of SB127. Hearing from constituents is the most persuasive thing that can happen right now. If you're not an airstrip owner but know someone who is and lives in one of these districts, please pass this along.
If the above applies and you are willing and able to help, please call or email me for more details.
Many thanks!

Eric Davis
RAF Georgia State Liaison
404-423-3842 (M)
edavis@theraf.org

Jesse Stone listed for District 23 is my wife's cousin. His father is the one that taught me to fly back in 1982. Jesse is very pro aviation and will do everything he can for us.

Wait a minute...if I crash on YOUR land I couldn't sue you?

Just kidding, good luck.

Back