Gently used FlyThisSim Touch Trainer Basic Aviation Training device

N1783M

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
1783M
FAA Approved TouchTrainer VX basic training device for sale, bought about 2 years ago. I have used it for maybe 100 hours. This is a great simulator; It fully it fully simulates my S-tec 55x and G500. It also simulates garmin G100, 430's, and many other avionics. I am selling it because I have relocated to a smaller house in Phoenix so nearly all of my flying is VFR now. The unit is located in Greenwich, CT and is about 10 minutes from the Westchester County Airport in White Plains New York (HPN). I paid $8000 for this unit. I will sell it for $4000 firm. Here is a link to the manufacturers website: http://flythissim.com/touchtrainer.php

This simulator is an FAA approved basic training device so you can log approaches with a flight instructor. Here is th FAA approval letter:
http://flythissim.com/FAAApproval.php
touchtrainer1.JPG touchtrainer2.JPG touchtrainer3.JPG

While I'm not in the market, that looks pretty awesome! I've "flown" a more basic touch trainer before and liked it.

What's the TBO on the unit? :)

Serious curiosity question, now... is the lower center monitor a touch-screen (assume so), and, what percentage of the 'control' interaction can be accomplished using it (setting freqs, a/p, etc), as opposed to the mouse? I went to the manufacturer's website and it wasn't very helpful in that regard. Thanks!

Jim

Last edited:
What's the TBO on the unit? :)

Serious curiosity question, now... is the lower center monitor a touch-screen (assume so), and, what percentage of the 'control' interaction can be accomplished using it (setting freqs, a/p, etc), as opposed to the mouse? I went to the manufacturer's website and it wasn't very helpful in that regard. Thanks!

Jim
Yes Both lower monitors are touch screen. The mouse is not necessary but can be used instead of your fingers. You can tune the radios, set all functions of the autopilot as well as the G1 thousand or G 500 with your fingers on the touchscreen. You can also raise and lower flaps on the touchscreen or using the buttons which are programmable. I cannot think of a function that cannot be done with your fingers on the touchscreen. Do you only thing that I can remember not using my fingers on the touchscreen for we're throttle control, propeller control, And leaning which can all be done using the physical console. The really neat thing is that you fully or partially simulate the panel in your plane as they have 105 avionic configurations which are changed with the click of a mouse (or touch of a finger)

I have one. It is a great sim.

+1. I had one built to match the performance of my Acclaim 3 years ago and it's a big help for staying proficient flying coupled approaches on the G1000 (not to mention everything else you can practice with it).

Yes Both lower monitors are touch screen. The mouse is not necessary but can be used instead of your fingers. You can tune the radios, set all functions of the autopilot as well as the G1 thousand or G 500 with your fingers on the touchscreen. You can also raise and lower flaps on the touchscreen or using the buttons which are programmable. I cannot think of a function that cannot be done with your fingers on the touchscreen. Do you only thing that I can remember not using my fingers on the touchscreen for we're throttle control, propeller control, And leaning which can all be done using the physical console. The really neat thing is that you fully or partially simulate the panel in your plane as they have 105 avionic configurations which are changed with the click of a mouse (or touch of a finger)

That's just awesome...thanks!

Jim

Does anyone know of any flight instructors who may be willing to make house calls in north Phoenix. I have decided to bring the touchTrainer over to Phoenix. I live about 15 minutes from DVT. I figure I will log 5 approaches and a hold on the Touch trainer and then fly one in the plane. That will keep me current for 6 months.

No longer for sale. After spending $215 today, at the only Redbirds FMX Equipped facility near me today, and only getting 2 approaches logged, I figure I'll find room for it at the new house.

Nice sim! I had a chance to try one out at last AOPA flyin event and love it. If I had not bought my Redbird Jay sim, then this is the one I would get.

Nice sim! I had a chance to try one out at last AOPA flyin event and love it. If I had not bought my Redbird Jay sim, then this is the one I would get.

Points for being a Baller'

FAA Approved TouchTrainer VX basic training device for sale, bought about 2 years ago. I have used it for maybe 100 hours. This is a great simulator; It fully it fully simulates my S-tec 55x and G500. It also simulates garmin G100, 430's, and many other avionics. I am selling it because I have relocated to a smaller house in Phoenix so nearly all of my flying is VFR now. The unit is located in Greenwich, CT and is about 10 minutes from the Westchester County Airport in White Plains New York (HPN). I paid $8000 for this unit. I will sell it for $4000 firm. Here is a link to the manufacturers website: http://flythissim.com/touchtrainer.php

This simulator is an FAA approved basic training device so you can log approaches with a flight instructor. Here is th FAA approval letter:
View attachment 49713 View attachment 49714 View attachment 49715
Good evening, If your sim is still for sale, please contact me at 517 881 0427. Thanks, Bill

I am looking for a sim for my husband. I am interested in this so please contact me. 917-444-2478. Thanks so much. Laurie

I might be interested IF it has an AOA on it.... :D

View attachment 49713 View attachment 49714 View attachment 49715
if you still have it for sale Plz call or text me on 906 360 9325-Anup

Back