General aviation at KBUR?

onwards

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
onwards
So, in a pretty exciting turn of events, I managed to get our important client that makes me travel to see them every week in southern cal figure out a way to have our company expense flying myself down there instead of using Southwest. Took a little bit to work with their accounting folks but we found a way.

This means the likelihood of us buying "the company plane" move from "that would be cool" to "very likely to happen and sooner the better". I even have a couple planes identified and might want to pull the trigger on one of them in the next couple of weeks.

The last thing I am needing to figure out is whether Bob Hop airport (KBUR) is GA-friendly. Does anyone here have any experience in that sense? Assuming I get in and need a tie-down for the day, and occasionally an overnight. Also, how often does KBUR get IFR-only? I am still not rated (although will be by next winter).

Thanks in advance.

The last thing I am needing to figure out is whether Bob Hop airport (KBUR) is GA-friendly. Does anyone here have any experience in that sense? Assuming I get in and need a tie-down for the day, and occasionally an overnight. Also, how often does KBUR get IFR-only? I am still not rated (although will be by next winter).
As long as you are comfortable flying amongst the jets in a class C environment, BUR is plenty GA friendly....or at least not unfriendly. I flew in and out of there a few times when finishing up my IR and I had no issues. Been a while since I actually stopped at an FBO there, but I would say that either Atlantic or Million Air should take decent care of you. I'd suggest VNY as another possibility, but looking at Airnav right now, the fuel prices there are even higher than BUR.

As long as you are comfortable flying amongst the jets in a class C environment, BUR is plenty GA friendly....or at least not unfriendly. I flew in and out of there a few times when finishing up my IR and I had no issues. Been a while since I actually stopped at an FBO there, but I would say that either Atlantic or Million Air should take decent care of you. I'd suggest VNY as another possibility, but looking at Airnav right now, the fuel prices there are even higher than BUR.

Thank you. Yes, comfortable with the class charlie and jets, flew plenty of times in and out of OAK by now, and BUR seems a bit smaller if anything.

Not that worried about fuel price, these are business trips and they cost what they cost. I make plenty of money being down there :) but I don't know if VNY is a better alternative in terms of getting into Hollywood (I work out of a building on Hollywood Blvd, close to Highland). What do you think?

Any other tips, anyone?

I go into atlantic at bur a good amount. Yes im in a jet, but i always see bonanzas and 210s there too. Lavonne is a great csr manager.
I havent been to million air, but i think youll have no problems. And i havent seen too much ifr there

So, in a pretty exciting turn of events, I managed to get our important client that makes me travel to see them every week in southern cal figure out a way to have our company expense flying myself down there instead of using Southwest. Took a little bit to work with their accounting folks but we found a way.

This means the likelihood of us buying "the company plane" move from "that would be cool" to "very likely to happen and sooner the better". I even have a couple planes identified and might want to pull the trigger on one of them in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks in advance.

My mom and I used to fly in there when she was not instrument rated. They've always been very friendly to us and great to deal with. While I see mainly jets, there is a bit of GA traffic in there. We always go to Million Air and they are so awesome!

BUR would be a better choice than VNY. The drive to hollywood will take less time. BUR is actually a pretty quiet airport as compared with VNY. BUR is also very GA friendly. I have been flying out of the airport for 20 years. I operate out of BUR and VNY. I much prefer to operate out of BUR.

I flew into Whiteman KWHP. It is about 5 miles from there. Nice airport and cheaper overnight. No rental cars, though and hard to get a taxi.

Back