General Anxiety and Third Class Medical

pilotpete

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Pilot Pete
Hello - I am a CPA and about a year ago, the stress of my new job was really doing me in. My wife got sick of hearing me complain and being in a bad mood all of the time, and told me to go see someone. I finally went and told the Dr. what was going on. He told me I and general anxiety and asked me if I wanted to take medication or just do therapy. I originally opted for the medication, Celexa, which I took for roughly 8 months. I went to another accounting firm last November and life got way better. I was back in a good mood, less stressed out, and things were much better at home. I decided recently to stop taking the medication, and have really seen or felt no difference from when I was taking the medication.

Anyway, today I went to my AME to renew my 3rd class medical, checked the mental illness box on the application, and got examined. My AME asked a few questions about the anxiety, what it was all about, and asked about meds. I told him that I had taken the meds but then stopped, with no negative side effects.

My AME did issue me my medical certificate at the end of the exam, but told me it was possible that the FAA would ask for further documentation. What is the likelihood they will ask for further information, and should the fact that he issued my medical without much hesitation be enough for me to relax? I must say, it really made me uncomfortable checking that box, because I have been a high strung type of guy my whole life, but it was the job that exacerbated everything. Should I expect any issues down the road? Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back