Geesh Denverpilot!

I’m sitting here watching my wife’s iPhone that was freaking out and crashing regularly, finally do the supposedly “automated” updates it was set to do, that I had to force on it manually.

On my whopping 10Mb Internet pipe.

That she’s watching video on at the same time.

What else am I gonna do? I already updated the logbook, updated the monthly accounting and filed all the paperwork for the business, worked all day Saturday, and flew to see family today...

And Facebook is the usual Sunday night “Hi, I’m addicted to political drama fest...”

Oh and updated the budget and thought about paying for the cargo trailer license plates, but they’re not due until next month so the card is just sitting here...

I was thinking about making a cup of coffee. Probably keep my up all night though.

Bedtime soon I guess. Losing Saturday to telephonic “fun” makes me want another weekend day this week.

Sunday night yo. Yo know how it is.

I fired up the Macbook to let it update and I see it rebooting a couple of times across the room.

Maybe it bricked itself while I was watching Rick Beato’s latest music video. I walked over to it and it’s doing some strange azz chit. Little bar goes across and then starts over.

Great. More Crapple software updates breaking things?

Ahhh now it says it needs 43 more minutes. It’s just lovely doing 6G bloatware updates on rural internet. Haha. That’ll be done by morning. Maybe.

Anyway...

Did I mention that flying today was for mom’s birthday? Yeah... they had me screwing with her broken DirectTV remote for three hours.

I should have said right no at the start, no. I’ll order you a Logitech Harmony and screw that DirectTV trash. But nooooo. Birthday. Fix my remote. Egfggfjjhgfr.

Sister’s boyfriend who actually believes in chemtrails showed up too. Maybe it was better I was stuck working on the TV remote for hours. LOL. Maybe told him the chemtrail juice for our 182 was really expensive in Northern Colorado today. Ha. I was polite instead.

I even talked to DirectTV support for even more fun to my day. They walked me through everything I had already done and then said OK, it’s not going to work then. Is there anything else we can do for you today? LOL.

The problem is it’s an oddball Sony TV that never works with any of the Sony IR codes. Last time this happened some psycho had spent days figuring out what code it used on DirectTV remotes. He must have taken his blog down. Haha. So I tried 31 or so codes manually and a few other ideas and then gave up.

Their old remotes you could put them in a test mode and just keep hitting volume up until the TV responded. The new “smart” remote they sent her will only try IR patterns from the DirecTV database.

And the effing thing has to be reprogrammed by the receiver over IR for every single attempt. So at least two minutes for every code try. Not just as fast as you can flick your thumb.

Back