GDL Suspension

A

adamair201

Good morning everyone,
I just had a quick question in regard to my DL license getting suspended... So, I got 3 tickets within a 24 mo period and my license has been revoked for 30 days. I got a speeding ticket, an electronic communication device ticket, and a failure to use a turn signal ticket. I am only 20 years old and I was curious about what would I need to do to report this to the FAA and what will happen to my Class 1 medical? What does the FAA have to say about license suspension in regards to moving violations? I am a student pilot who is currently working towards my commercial.

The FAA reporting requirements only apply to motor vehicle infractions involving drugs or alcohol. That being said, aviation employers will likely ask about any license suspension, and getting your DL pulled as you did indicates you have potentially hazardous anti-authoritarian attitudes. I'm guessing that speeding ticket wasn't for going 32 in a 25 zone, if the other two added on resulted in an a suspension. Either that or you need to trade your "ticket me red" boy racer in for a white 15 year old Toyota Corolla.

Guess you have to carry passport when flying now?

The FAA reporting requirements only apply to motor vehicle infractions involving drugs or alcohol. T
BZZT wrong answer.

The immediate (61.15) reporting to FAA security only aply to drug or alcohol.

The requirements on your MEDICAL application require reporting: "(2) history of any arrest(s), and/or conviction(s), and/or administrative action(s) involving an offense(s) which resulted in the denial, suspension, cancellation, or revocation of driving privileges or which resulted in attendance at an educational or a rehabilitation program"

However, I suspect that chronic speeding isn't going to make much of a difference to the FAA either.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back