Gaston's - What to Bring?

bstratt

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Canuck
Apart from clothes that is. Was a final decision ever made as to whether we're having a cook out Saturday night or eating at the restaurant? Do I need to add foodstuffs? I'm making my list:

- beer
- sunscreen
- beer
- mosquito repellant
- more beer?
- cigars

Sun visor and lightweight clothes. I hear it's going to be HOT.

I'm bringing fresh organic blueberries that I hand-picked from our orchard in the front yard. Chip didn't want his, so I'm giving them away at Gaston's. ;)

Ron Levy said:
I'm bringing a case of a local microbrewed IPA (Dogfish Head 60-minute IPA -- http://www.dogfish.com/beer/60minuteipa.cfm). Will trade for examples of others.
I hope to be able to lug aboard three kinds of beer I bought (after sampling) at the Cooperstown Brewery -- Old Slugger, Striker, and Benchwarmer. If I can manage the Blue Point beer as well, I'll bring it.

It may be hot, but its a wet heat. Like being in a pool all day. Much more comfortable than the "dry heat" that us westerners are used to.

:)

I'll be bringing green chile, so that if we do have a bbq, anyone who wants it can put it on their burger, or eat it separate, or whatever. If you've never tried it, you should. Its hot, but not so hot to distract from the great flavor!

bstratt said:
Apart from clothes that is. Was a final decision ever made as to whether we're having a cook out Saturday night or eating at the restaurant? Do I need to add foodstuffs? I'm making my list:

- beer
- sunscreen
- beer
- mosquito repellant
- more beer?
- cigars

-hat
-money for the hot poker game if enough people can stay awake that late

I went ahead and made reservations for the restaurant Friday and Saturday nights. I also told them that I would let them know if some people decided to cook out instead.

Toby said:
I hope to be able to lug aboard three kinds of beer I bought (after sampling) at the Cooperstown Brewery -- Old Slugger, Striker, and Benchwarmer. If I can manage the Blue Point beer as well, I'll bring it.

Toby, before you bring a whole bunch of glass bottles for your trip from XNA to 08MO in the Citabria, you may want to ask Chip about my landings at the farm. :eek:

Diana said:
Toby, before you bring a whole bunch of glass bottles for your trip from XNA to 08MO in the Citabria, you may want to ask Chip about my landings at the farm. :eek:
Diana, don't you think 15 years of saved bubble wrap will protect from any, um, bumps?

My son Waylon's moving to CA on June 30th, and asked me to stick around the weekend before. (Mostly so I'd be around while he was busy filling up my basement with his "stuff".) Consequently, I have to cancel Gaston's. Dangit! I really wanted to go too, but I want to spend time with my first-born kid even more.

"MY BABY"S LEAVING THE NEST..... WAAAAHHHHH!!!!!"

Back